TrackMaster Snow Freddie!

24 Replies, 13756 Views

I just found and bought a “canceled” Snow/Icicle Freddie! Can’t wait to have this item in my hands. Coincidentally, I found this just after watching Tons’s awesome new video on this very item! Attached are some photos of the one I bought.

[Image: 1-AAB6-A62-1889-450-F-BDF1-226-A4-E61-BF87.jpg]
[Image: 519-F1802-02-F4-4-F2-D-8429-72-CB01-AC52-D3.jpg]
[Image: 9-AFFA79-B-902-E-4075-8488-A93671-E63-F3-F.jpg]
[Image: 9-C8-C640-B-81-D9-48-DE-92-C4-98954-E392-A01.jpg]
[Image: F152-A6-FB-9-CEC-4-B68-84-A8-0-B5-F1555-D265.jpg]
plarail for life
[-] The following 4 users Like TrainsRawesome's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1, TheDiamondDalek
[Image: omg-shocked.gif]

Its real??? Wow, I have been following the discussion on whether this had been made or not and here you found one , great find T-Raw. Please show us more once you receive it. Did you show this to Tons?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • TrainsRawesome
The same item with the same photos is still being listed on Mercari Japan.

A quick machine translation of part of the description gives " Freddie with a very unusual design with snow. It's too rare and there isn't much information, but it's probably I think it's a story version of Freddie called "The Party Surprise" that will hold a party for Colin. "
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Super, TrainsRawesome
Hopefully the bad reviews on Ebay of not having items purchased will not hold true with this T-Raw purchase.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • TrainsRawesome
@TrainsRAwesome, you got it? Incredible! That's a hefty amount of money spent however, I hope you have some left over from this purchase, as you know money is vital for collecting these items

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cddLo...G2N8VDiTvA 
[Image: 795436713421701122.png?v=1]
[-] The following 2 users Like TheDiamondDalek's post:
  • Super, TrainsRawesome
@Super I have purchased from this seller before and have had all positive experiences.

@Dalek Yes, I have some money left over from this purchase. I would never spend everything at once (unless it’s something I’d never see again, such as a Gold Thomas).
plarail for life
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainsRawesome's post:
  • Super, TheDiamondDalek
Right! What a mystery this has turned into. Was this item ever even cancelled? The version that TrainsRawesome purchased has no stickers near the face (the same one that was listed on Taobao) but Gordon's has stickers there... Could one be a knockoff and the other a real deal? Could this have been an EXCLUSIVE item to a store? I really don't know. Whatsoever if you could ask the seller where they got him from; it would be very helpful. Now we need to see what packaging this came in to semi complete the mystery!

I would assume you have the real deal as the seller also owns a lot of normal snow engines. They also have this eyebrow variant Freddie?? I don't know what that's about but i'm not willing to stir another hornets nest 
[Image: s-l1600-1.jpg]

(05-04-2021, 12:09 PM)chrisjo Wrote: The same item with the same photos is still being listed on Mercari Japan.

A quick machine translation of part of the description gives " Freddie with a very unusual design with snow. It's too rare and there isn't much information, but it's probably I think it's a story version of Freddie called "The Party Surprise" that will hold a party for Colin. "

That theory could very easily work...Actually it does very well. Hmmm
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021, 09:27 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • Super, TrainsRawesome
(05-04-2021, 08:56 PM)Tons of Trackmasters Wrote:  Could this have been an EXCLUSIVE item to a store?

Exclusive to a certain store... Hmmm... What if it was exclusive to a certain country like Monty?
Right, time to infiltrate every Polish supermarket!
Train it, plane it, you name it!
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021, 09:29 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super, Tons of Trackmasters, TrainsRawesome
Both versions have the official Mattel licensing info underneath, so I would think they are both real (maybe one is an earlier prototype version and the other is the “final”). Also, I believe the eyebrows on that one have just been rubbed off a lot lol
plarail for life
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainsRawesome's post:
  • Super, Tons of Trackmasters
Most probably so.
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • Super