TrackMaster Snow Freddie!

24 Replies, 13928 Views

@TOT I asked the seller, but unfortunately they don’t remember how/where they got it.
plarail for life
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainsRawesome's post:
  • Super
to a certain degree, it is not complicated to make another snow freddie.  youtuber, "Custom trackmaster" basically scanned the body of a engine and print the sides with paper stickers.  To be fair he has a special printer that can cut the stickers into fine precision.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 4 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super, TrainsRawesome
@Chrisjo The Mercari listing now says “sold.” I’m guessing it was the same seller as on eBay, and they ended the Mercari listing once they realized the item had been purchased.
plarail for life
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainsRawesome's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Wow ... it arrived all the way from Japan in less than a week!

Here are some pics:
[Image: 113-CF3-A4-8767-4543-ACDB-2-D141-E61-F458.jpg]
[Image: 1-C042-CFC-B59-D-42-C0-8-F3-B-23-BA41-FF7-C5-D.jpg]
[Image: 211-E7291-5-CDB-4-BC5-8-AC7-ABEE39-F4-EB2-D.jpg]
[Image: 72961-C4-E-5-B66-454-F-9-D15-F2120-EA718-FD.jpg]
[Image: 95-F717-CF-22-B0-4722-8-C15-043181-B984-F2.jpg]
[Image: A6751-F5-D-B9-CB-4717-9-C5-A-87-CC23101-C5-B.jpg]
[Image: BBB6-CDE7-3634-4-B70-BE18-E0-E9-CA0-F1-EC4.jpg]

The seller also included a FREE Capsule Plarail Sad Face Percy!
[Image: 776-B7640-881-F-4-F78-AF73-BD9-BD4309-FD9.jpg]

I believe this is the first Snowy Freddie in the Western Hemisphere Big Grin
plarail for life
  • GreatGordonFan, Super
[Image: woohoo-jumping-smiley-emoticon.gif] He looks great and such fast service too. Now we have someone to direct to when the question of whether Snow Freddie is real or not. Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • TrainsRawesome
The same seller was selling the Snow Freddie on Mercari for like $100 cheaper  Big Grin
@TrainsRAwesome Nice that it arrived safely! Gotta love a capsule plarail item too, they're awesome little things, and that assumption that you have the first snow freddie in the western hemisphere is probably correct!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cddLo...G2N8VDiTvA 
[Image: 795436713421701122.png?v=1]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheDiamondDalek's post:
  • Super
@Thara Yeah I saw that listing for around ¥6000. I thought about purchasing it on Mercari but decided against it because of all the uncertainty with shipping. On that note, does anyone have any tips for purchasing on Japanese auction websites?

@Dalek This is my first Capsule Plarail item, but I may acquire more in the future Wink
plarail for life
  • Super, Tharazero1
Just like trying to sell a train that demands a high price in Japan in the US, prices are relevant to the area its being sold. I have a hard time even getting interest in selling in the States hard to find rarer trains that go for a high price in Japan. Most of the time I can get no where near the price of a rare train in the States that goes for quite a lot in Japan. I suspect it the same in reverse in this case. Where the Thomas trains are not that much in demand in Japan but more so over seas.

I believe we have numerous discussions with tips on buying from Proxy Agents in the Japan Auctions. You might want to search here for that or use the 'Jauce' term to try get related Posts or threads here. But that shouldn't prevent any member here from giving their advice now...so what you all say....can you help out with some tips or maybe even links to BPT discussions for T-Raw?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
The early Tomy and HiT toys stuff that wasn't released in Japan fetches a bit there. Fisher Price and TM2, not so much
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super