The oldest Thomas related video on youtube

10 Replies, 5876 Views

Today a thought popped into my head: what was the first thomas (and also tomy/trackmaster) related video on youtube.

I started doing extensive searching, including using a google date filter tool and checking wayback machine, and I managed to find this:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAuKYJ3bY8g

It's a shining time station episode uploaded on may 4th 2006 (exactly 15 years ago!)

I also found (possibly) the oldest tomy video: tomy thomas and friends trailer - YouTube

However I might have missed something, so if anyone here finds a Thomas video uploaded before the 4th may 2006 (even a link to a deleted one), just post it on this thread
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super, TheDiamondDalek
Wow, look how far we have come in video quality in just 15 years. Its probably just me as it doesn't seem that long ago but then I look at the turn of the millennial (2000) as the turning over point in my life
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
The Tomica World video predates that by about six years. 2000-2001? Or are you only interested in the date it appeared on Youtube (which started up in 2005)?
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Chris that was a cool video!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ajtrain944's post:
  • chrisjo
(05-05-2021, 11:37 AM)chrisjo Wrote: The Tomica World video predates that by about six years. 2000-2001? Or are you only interested in the date it appeared on Youtube (which started up in 2005)?

Yeah I meant the date it was uploaded to youtube and it's possible that the videos I found are the first as after all youtube was created in 2005. I could be wrong though.
(05-04-2021, 04:04 PM)GreatGordonFan Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAuKYJ3bY8g

It's a shining time station episode uploaded on may 4th 2006 (exactly 15 years ago!)

How did you get the upload date for this video, since early uploads don't display the date in the place where we see it on more recent ones, i.e. after the view count?
@Chrisjo the upload date is shown on any videos nowadays and is directly under the video title.
(05-05-2021, 04:47 PM)GreatGordonFan Wrote: @Chrisjo the upload date is shown on any videos nowadays and is directly under the video title.

.... and yet I see just this?

[Image: image.png]
@Chrisjo, I'm not sure then. I can clearly see the upload date 
What kind of device are you using?

[Image: Capture.png]
(05-05-2021, 05:19 PM)GreatGordonFan Wrote: What kind of device are you using?
Windows 10 PC, Firefox. However, I find that if I zoom to 80% I can now see the date, so all good now.