Whats This??? Kimetsu no Yaiba Infinite Train Demon Slayer and Sadako

8 Replies, 5264 Views

Kimetsu no Yaiba Infinite Train Demon Slayer and Sadako

Whats this some new collaboration train? Anyone read this Ad? I am very happy to see a set with % new Plakids...when was the last time that happened? Not much new with the C-12 engine except for the signage on front for all I can see (what does it say) but I do love that coach which looks to be lighted with glass glazing and a proper sized silhouette of the passengers inside. I am not to fond of the bars on the roof for the Plakids to stand but wouldn't be that bad running without the kids on there. I can see this coach to be very sought after as a train would look great running the rails with four of these in tow.

Can anyone make out if this is a limited promotional giveaway or general sale? Anymore information?  I am excited for it Big Grin

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, Tharazero1
That's nice! It's a set with the motif of "Infinite Train" that appears in the theatrical version of "Kimetsu no Yaiba Infinite Train Edition", and comes with 5 Plakids (characters in that show): "Tanjiro Kamado", "Tanjiro Kamado", "Zenyasu Gazuma", "Inosuke Beak" and "Kyoujuro Purgatory".

Remarkably, it's not a limited edition!
[Image: hdiuhidu-e1620623387432.png]
[Image: ndiuhdiu.png][Image: dhiuhidu.png][Image: dhiudhliud.png][Image: dudhiduh.png]
[Image: dijdoiu.png]
The fourth character is my favorite one!! Big Grin Big Grin

[Image: dhiodhiud-e1620623404100.png]

The roof of the coach has been modified, so the characters can stand on it:

[Image: 44d3d2c19e67a23f6d539ff0c814fe87_iSVU45u...BG-mBv.jpg]

Release: Summer 2021.

1 AA battery

Price: 5500 JPY

In one brief moment in the video (0:11) it seems the coach is lighted...but it's not, apparently.

+ + +

Also there is a special set of Tomica Devil's Blade cars - "Yoshiyuki Tomioka", "Shinobu Kocho", "Purgatory Kyoujuro", "Muichiro Tokito" & "Screaming Mei" - (sold separately; 880 JPY each), that goes with it:

[Image: 61e8e357f1a5e71e964cfc74d6ddec5a_fNawdX1...CfbjEE.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Many thanks for the information and pictures Mr-No.

I am disappointed that the coach is not lit as I was hoping that it was a self generating powered one without battery's but looking at your pictures that can't be possible since it has no traction wheels and its not married to the engine for power. It also says that it only takes one AA battery so that would just about guarantee the coach is not lit as that battery would have to be for the engine. Also that 0:11 second mark you referred to is very deceiving..as it looks like they may have back lit the coach to give an appearance of lights inside.

Sadly the disappointment for me, has waned my interest (bummer) as lit coaches and to a lesser extent, the PlaKids, was what I wanted and would have bought multiples. As it stands now I may.....get one, just for the Kids and to see how the coach would look with a modification of a light inside.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
That’s a cool train. I’ve always liked the Class 8620 and it’s nice to see it rereleased, albeit without the neat smoke deflectors of the SL Hitoyoshi. I’m not sure that I’ll be spending the ¥5500 to buy one but I always like to see steam locomotives being added to the Plarail lineup.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
Oh...I completely missed that 5500yen price, thanks OTR for pointing that out. No, for that amount the coach definitely should have been Lit. The extra amount must be just for the 5 PlaKids then...I think I will pass on this but I am sure that the coach and PlaKids will show up used, in the auctions eventually... but at what price. Undecided
I can't help but find Demon Slayer's immense popularity with kids funny, considering the movie (this train is based on) got an R rating for it's US release. Yet here it is getting Plarail trains and Happy Meal toys!
[-] The following 2 users Like Trainfanz's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
Looks to me as if they have a bit of cardboard in the windows of the coach in a colour that looks like it is back lit.  Pale brown ish with pictures of people on it.  I would think you could open the coach and remove it, then it becomes a normal coach, just my guess.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AOF04's post:
  • Super
I've found some trailers for that movie... Pretty intense stuff, to say the least! Well, I suppose it has to be that way when it comes to demon slayers...  Confused

Demon Slayer - Kimetsu no Yaiba - The Movie: Mugen Train Official Trailer

Demon Slayer Movie : The Mugen Train Offical Final Trailer English Sub| "Infinity Train" Movie dub
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
(05-10-2021, 07:17 PM)Trainfanz Wrote: I can't help but find Demon Slayer's immense popularity with kids funny, considering the movie (this train is based on) got an R rating for it's US release. Yet here it is getting Plarail trains and Happy Meal toys!

Thankfully, my kids haven’t discovered it yet! Honestly, a lot of creepy stuff gets pushed on them (and past parents) when they watch YouTube. I envy parents who ONLY had to keep tabs on TV. Of course, kids had ways around parental restrictions even “back in the day” but it took some effort and stealth.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Mister No, Super