Wow! Our Tomica and Plarail Town VHS [プラレール/Tomica World Japanese promotional VHS]

11 Replies, 7479 Views

That would be up to the original Poster.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Plarail Man UK
@Vio - Fair enough, you are right with regards to the title; I've changed it to reflect any/all correct or potential names for the tape now  Big Grin

In my defence, I don't read Japanese very well, and so for all intents and purposes [and certainly to anyone I've talked with about the tape] I have simply called it the 'Japanese Tomica World Tape' for ease, since most people I know locally IRL know the entire line as either 'Tomica World' or more commonly just as 'Tomy trains', so i've kind of fallen into the habit of just calling it that Angel .

That's mainly because here in the UK most people have at least come across the name Tomica World, usually thanks to the Thomas the Tank Engine range during childhood - Actually, most of my freinds remember owning at minimum a Plarail/Tomica World Thomas and a circle of track [presumably the Basic Set they used to sell here] as they used to be the best-selling Thomas toys avaliable; I myself have many fond memories of my own old layouts, which I recall calling 'Thomas trains' [even my T.W JNR EF65, which I still have, used to be called a 'thomas train' once upon a time, before I knew better Tongue]  and spending time at a freinds building expansive layouts with a mix of Plarail blue and Tomy Trains deep blue track, along with a lot of Thomas engines so yeah Wink .

Anyway, naming conventions have been duly noted, and updated. Think i'll leave the YouTube title be though, since I'm doubtful anyone will likely search it, and if they do, at least it'll appear alongside the other Tomy promo tapes like the 'Tomica World Show' and that [all of which seem to appear alongside more current Japanese promo videos anyway, at least, when I search them  Blush ].

Thanks for pointing it out anyway, always nice to have more information on stuff like this Big Grin
Been building Plarail worlds since 2001; Building when I can in 2023 Cool
[-] The following 2 users Like Plarail Man UK's post:
  • Super, violater