Proof Monty was not a Poland exclusive

7 Replies, 5286 Views

Many people say Monty was only released in Poland, however there is plenty of evidence that shows that it's not the case. 

First of all, a youtuber named Gator's misterious t,n'p productions made a video back in 2016 where he reviews Monty, Max and Byron. He is not speaking english in that video or Polish as a matter of fact, but Croatian (I translated the description).
Although I do not speak Croatian, it is from the same language family as Polish (Slavic languages) so it has some similarities which I can understand. I watched the video and from what I can understand, he only says that Monty and Max are twins, their numbers and that's just about it. Nothing about Monty being rare, supporting my point.
link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFzHoa5rwdM

Furthermore, in western  engine 11's video, the trackmaster iceberg (no I did not steal his idea), he talks about how he found a hungarian website that sold Montys (although they were out of stock).
link to the iceberg video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1YOln75H7M

Also, Tomatron the One on twitter apparently found a Monty in the UK.

Finally, on the thomas the tank engine wiki,  this is one of the trivias on Max and Monty's page. This is copied and pasted directly from there:
"Monty's Trackmaster model was only released in certain countries such as Portugal, making him one of the rarest and least produced pieces of Thomas merchandise ever created, though some models have been found in other countries such as the UK."

So, to conclude I would say Monty was not only released in Poland, but in select European countries INCLUDING Poland. Now the thing to do is to try to somehow track down all of the countries it was released in.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 4 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • BradyLikesTrains, DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, Super
Monty got the tag that he is was released in Poland, because it is part of the story of how I finally tracked him down.
I had been looking for him for years, and I am pretty sure that my very first ever post here on BPT was specifically to ask if any members had any information about him.
At that time there was only a stock photo of him on the internet, and he had never been sold in any American chain stores, or eBay, Amazon, etc.
Then about the same time that Toy TrainsTrackmaster Village posted an unboxing video of him on YouTube, one was listed on a Polish website called camp.pl
I was able to figure out who TTTV thanked for helping them get it, and investigated his page, and many of his video were in Polish too.
I then was able to make a connection in Poland, who was able to secure the one from camp.pl for me.
Monty wasn’t exclusive to Poland, but was buried throughout the old eastern block countries like Yugoslavia, Czechoslovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, etc.
Croatia and Hungary sound about right, but I have never heard of Portugal before, though nothing dumb that FisherPrice ever does would surprise me either.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 6 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, GreatGordonFan, Super, Tharazero1, TheDiamondDalek
Regardless of whether Monty was a Poland exclusive or not, we can still all agree, its a pretty dang rare item

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cddLo...G2N8VDiTvA 
[Image: 795436713421701122.png?v=1]
[-] The following 3 users Like TheDiamondDalek's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, MuddyPoppins, Super
@Muddy Poppins, Yes, but what I really don't understand is why did they make monty (eastern) europe exclusive anyway. Like I said in a different thread: Jack and the Sodor construction company never aired in those european countries. I think Fisher Price was just trying to troll us.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
@GreatGordonFan Fisher Price would troll us? Seems about right, just trying to put off the collectors, clearly it hasn't stopped them however!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cddLo...G2N8VDiTvA 
[Image: 795436713421701122.png?v=1]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheDiamondDalek's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(05-11-2021, 02:33 PM)TheDiamondDalek Wrote: Regardless of whether Monty was a Poland exclusive or not, we can still all agree, its a pretty dang rare item

He isn't really even as detailed as Alfie and whilst Alfie was shipped off for a slightest glimpse of a good reason Monty was just flown off to annoy fans. Pity it happened really, Still nice to own him lol
[Image: 20210122-164746.jpg]

[Image: 20210122-174054.jpg]

[Image: 20210122-174106.jpg]

[Image: 20210122-174117.jpg]

[Image: 20210122-174130.jpg]
oh and I got mine from somebody in Poland too. That being ThomasFan3004 who I believe is on Blue Plastic Tracks
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 2 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, MuddyPoppins
There is also this strange image of Monty without international packaging that was only seen on a bundle on worthpoint. Tons of trackmasters mentioned this in a video that it's strange that Monty has a non international packaging here.
Note: If you look to the right of monty's name, you can just barely see a 'new' sticker. Could this mean monty was initially released in the uk/us, but only later became an exclusive? Who knows
[Image: Capture3.png]
[Image: bundle.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super
Here is a list of the known countries monty was sold/seen in:

-Poland (obviously)
-Hungary
-Croatia (I think that this guy is Croatian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuHGG8WqSGM)
-Portugal
-Russia

There isn't really a pattern here, so what was FP thinking?