Rarest TrackMaster Trains

72 Replies, 31370 Views

(06-07-2022, 07:25 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Yes GGF from what I’ve found it seems that it was England.
Smyth’s chain had them, and the small independent retailer Tootally Thomas also received a single shipment of them too.
Apparently Tootally Thomas was informed that what he got was all that he’d be getting, and limited purchases to one per buyer.
They both have them listed now as sold out.

In my opinion, Christmas Thomas was the afterthought of the AEG products, potentially they were being produced simultaneously and just didn't really care about Christmas Thomas and sent him of to here in limited quantities or something. Give it a few years time and he'll be alfie level rare. Mark my words 😬
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 4 users Like Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, GreatGordonFan, MuddyPoppins, Super
(06-07-2022, 07:25 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Yes GGF from what I’ve found it seems that it was England.
Smyths have stores in Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland, as well as in England. :-)
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, MuddyPoppins
The Republic of Ireland too.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Sorry for bringing back up an old thread, but i think there might be another item or two to place on the "rare" list. Those items being the "James Search And Rescue" and the "Gordon To The Rescue" packs. I'm old enough to remember seeing late fisherprice original trackmaster items in stores, and never once saw either of these, nor have I ever came across either of these packs on any online website such as Ebay, Jauce, or Buyee. Does anyone here have any information on these packs or happen to have these packs?
[Image: jame-gord-rescue.png]
If it ain't motorized I don't want it!       Cool Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like gordonfan01's post:
  • Euro2309, generic_truck_69420, MuddyPoppins, Super, Viktor
Wow this 2 pack look really great condition.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Euro2309's post:
  • Super
Nice...I would imagine that there are several members here at BPT's that have one or both of these cool trains. Hopefully one of them can chime in with some information.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Well, you said "stores", the Land, Sea and Air Rescue line was only available at Toys "R" Us

[Image: exclusive.png]

Maybe you went to stores that weren't Toys "R" Us resulting in you not seeing any?
TrackMaster Expert (kinda)
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2023, 06:01 PM by Splodge.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Splodge's post:
  • Super
gordonfan01 dateline='[url=tel:1688681577' Wrote: 1688681577[/url]']
Sorry for bringing back up an old thread, but i think there might be another item or two to place on the "rare" list. Those items being the "James Search And Rescue" and the "Gordon To The Rescue" packs. I'm old enough to remember seeing late fisherprice original trackmaster items in stores, and never once saw either of these, nor have I ever came across either of these packs on any online website such as Ebay, Jauce, or Buyee. Does anyone here have any information on these packs or happen to have these packs?
[Image: jame-gord-rescue.png]
Yes we have them..
They were TrUs exclusives.
They also come with some sort of pamphlet too.
Here is also a picture of their undersides.[Image: 13491-B9-C-236-C-45-EE-8-CDF-83-DECCE71-B9-B.jpg]
[Image: 85510-CFB-C008-43-AD-AFC4-32-E33-A3-E0-F5-C.jpg]

[Image: 4856-E66-A-53-AA-4-FFA-95-A7-DB17883-E7-F74.jpg]
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2023, 07:53 PM by MuddyPoppins.)
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Splodge, Super
Thanks for the help Splodge & Muddy 👍
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Splodge
i dont think that flip-face percy was recalled
doing a check on the cpsc website doesnt bring up anything and neither does the heath canada recall website say anything... so i think that was just a rumour
[-] The following 1 user Likes Double X's post:
  • Splodge