The story of the man who waited so long that he forgot what he was waiting for.

6 Replies, 3495 Views

This is the story of the man who waited so long that he forgot what he was waiting for...
Long long ago (2010) in a collection not very large, a man set forth to “collect them all”.
He was young and sharp, and full of energy, with plenty of time on his hands and little else on his mind, so with both feet he jumped into a sea filled full of vast treasures to search for and to be found.
Along the way he quickly discovered that his endeavor would not be easy, and that the waters were not only cold, but endlessly deep.
Many years passed as he added more and more to his search list, but as the years passed he began to grow old, life began to quickly accelerate, and his thoughts and memories found less and less space to be stored within his aging mind.
This is the story of James Works it Out.
It is a very rare HitToys release that I had been after since 2010.
I had been looking for it for so long that I had forgotten that I was looking for it.
It had been in my ebay search history for over 10 years....so long in fact, that when a BNIB set came up on eBay it did not even register with my brain.
I looked at the listing a dozen times over the 3 months that it was listed, and not once did a single memory pop up to remind me of what it was.
Then only after posting the Complete James video on my YouTube channel, someone commented that I was missing one.
JAMES WORKS IT OUT!!!
I ran to look upon our shelves, only to find in my disappointment and bewilderment it missing from our collection.
I immediately searched eBay only to see that the set on eBay had just sold only weeks before.
To add to my frustration, we had just consolidated our Christmas decorations into a storage bin a month earlier, and one of the boxes that used to hold ornaments was the very beat up James works it out box.
STILL nothing registered in my mind as I dropped it into the recycling bin.
I never throw away boxes anymore, which makes this story even more maddening.
I have been beside myself ever since, searching eBay every day, but more so questioning just how in the world my memories banks could have been so completely deleted?
Then today... I FOUND HIM!!!!
He is probably one of the weirdest releases of James ever.
It’s the same exclusive face as only found on the HitToys RC James, with no striping and little extra appointments, with a standard body and switch on a roof that is lacking the RC “window”!!!
This one is a bit worn, but at this point I do not care, only that I finally have a representation of it in our collection, and that the James portion is now completely complete.

[Image: EC4-AF327-4-FC8-4138-AAEB-CABDE654-DE63.jpg]
[Image: E67-A924-D-0698-430-E-9331-001-F5-ADB37-D9.jpg]
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 6 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, Mister No, Super, Tharazero1, TheDiamondDalek, TrainsRawesome
LOL [Image: troubled-old-man-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Did The Man ever consider writing and publishing exciting stories? Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 4 users Like Mister No's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1, TheDiamondDalek
You really should write a book about your journey as a collector Big Grin
plarail for life
[-] The following 4 users Like TrainsRawesome's post:
  • Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Super, TheDiamondDalek