ffarquhar's purchases or something

21 Replies, 8915 Views

decided to just cave in and make a proper purchases thread.

I got the Motorized Paxton in the mail yesterday (Friday, June 11th) and immediately modified him to my needs (run on old track and fixed the stripe going on the oval on the fuel tank??). If I'm feeling okay enough tomorrow I'll be making the Mold Putty face mold so I can apply a clone and overhaul my old custom TOMY Paxton that I made the day the Motorized one was revealed back in November.

[Image: paxton-newinbox.jpg] [Image: paxtonunboxed.jpg] [Image: paxtonqualitycontrol.jpg] [Image: paxtoncomparison.jpg] [Image: paxtoncomparison2.jpg] [Image: paxtonscrapedpaint.jpg]

While I do like this because they actually made him, and gave him something decent to go with, I wasn't too happy with the one thing I was looking forward to having a look at, which was the face due to Fisher-Price's quality control with TrackMaster/Motorized. I got a slightly misaligned print face and I'm not too happy about that.
Also not a big fan of the rocks and I personally wish they were a 3 pack feature and not a 2 pack since a 3-Pack Paxton, would absolutely make sense to issue like he had been almost a decade before, and would most likely sell well like the Thomas, Annie, and Clarabel 3-Packs and the Episode 3-Packs (Thomas & Terence: Terence Breaks the Ice, Percy and the Tanker: Percy Takes the Plunge (Chucklesome Trucks Flashback), Henry and Winston: Henry Spots Trouble.)

update:

uhh throw a helpful harvey and a yong bao the hero on may 21st and another helpful harvey for june 10th since I can't be bothered to find photos/didn't take any of getting them from the same exact target.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 2 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
Ffar...is the way you modify to run on the original rails to remove the geared rubber tires and stretch an original rubber in its place?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Just for comparison - Paxton Counterfeit Train:

[Image: paxton-counterfeit-train.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
@Super, the older rubber fits on almost perfectly so it just needs to be Superglued on. It also helps to grind down the tab over the gear at the bottom with a file, knife blade, or Dremel to reduce it clipping with the Rail joints/switches.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 1 user Likes FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • Super
6/14/2021

Hank arrived Today in the mailbox and not the porch surprisingly.
Here he is, Hit Toys Hank for around 20ish USD which actually isn't too bad for a Hank. I will say he's in pretty good condition, the only issue I have is how hard it is to get batteries out without taking off the entire tender body shell.
[Image: Hank-Arrival.png]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
Nice pickup Ffar, he looks in good condition.
Hank is a favorite of mine but I do wish they could of come up with a neat way to animate the huge side rods instead of being static.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper
The hank battery cover is very easy to get off, you just find the clip at the back of the coal and lift it up, the clip is just the back of the coal, you shouldn't need to take the tender body shell off to access the battery compartment

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cddLo...G2N8VDiTvA 
[Image: 795436713421701122.png?v=1]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheDiamondDalek's post:
  • Super
last one for now probably

6/16/2021

4 green and 4 red express coaches, now i've got 5 each.
2000 jpy each

it's very late when i'm uploading this so i am very tired and just giving bare minimum details.
[Image: express-coaches.jpg]
[Image: coacheslistinggreen.png][Image: coacheslistingred.png]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
My favorite design of Plarail Coaches Smile
(06-17-2021, 05:34 AM)FfarquharDeveloper Wrote: Too much Thomas is never enough.

Too many express coaches are never enough!!!

(06-14-2021, 08:41 PM)TheDiamondDalek Wrote: The hank battery cover is very easy to get off, you just find the clip at the back of the coal and lift it up, the clip is just the back of the coal, you shouldn't need to take the tender body shell off to access the battery compartment

Getting the cover off isn't the issue, it's getting the batteries out once the cover is off. Put a loop of string or tape under the batteries, then you can just pull on it and they pop out. Some battery-powered devices have this arrangement fitted as standard.
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2021, 09:31 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super