DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments

167 Replies, 72973 Views

[Image: DB6-A63-C8-69-DE-46-EE-93-C1-4-B805637-A268.jpg]

Finished rebuilding Skarloey last night, although 50% of him (smokebox, face, tank, bufferbeams, sandboxes and fake wheels) ended up being reused from V1. It was well worth the effort, and his construction/proportions are now on par with the other three. In addition to having space for a full dome in front of the cab and being more consistent on the other side, he has the additional support plate the first version was missing. The cuts in the cab sides were done in a more accurate angle as well. For the dome, I used the same method used on Peter Sam - a roll of cardboard with a small googly eye on top (this time, only the clear shell). I found the reason why the bufferbeam/sandboxes weren't far enough from the face was due to the smokebox being too long. All I had to do was cut down the old one and it worked. Even though the recycled parts are already painted, he will still be primed and painted again to get a consistent finish.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • generic_truck_69420

Messages In This Thread
RE: DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments - by DalaGStanator - 12-14-2021, 08:12 AM