DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments

168 Replies, 75568 Views

[Image: 2-EA634-F7-CFF8-4-DCC-BB00-B3-E8-D9-C51414.jpg][Image: CF9618-E3-669-A-4-AB3-BD8-A-96-A99-A93-A6-C6.jpg]

It only seemed fitting that a chassis made for a Thomas item would have at least one provisional Thomas custom for it. I thought I should pick one that's both instantly familiar and can be similar in construction to my original (freelance) locomotive tops. As indicated by the hole in the roof, my version of Diesel 10 is to have an articulated Pinchy similar to many mods for the commercial variants. Unlike Talk 'n Action, the arm is to have a second joint and the claw itself should be able to rotate. The backhoe from the Mighty Wheels backhoe loader (Jack V1) was a definite candidate ever since I last found it. Not all that bothered by the front end being differently shaped, given that's where the face will be. The face will (initially) be "sculpted" with hot melt glue because clay will surely fall apart months later, and may use googly eyes to give depth like on the TOMY/HiT/early FP versions (though they only had painted eyes). I don't really consider him olive green, so my plan is to mix it with a bit of yellow. The black details were already painted with black markers. The "lip" under the bufferbeam should also be on the back, though I chose not to include it. Have to say it's already one of my favourites.

Edit:

[Image: A73-EEBDC-D2-CF-4-F0-A-8-E20-4-AACE36-E1-EA8.jpg][Image: E9-F5073-B-C4-F4-4971-B6-EF-01-BF234648-A2.jpg]

I ended up using a Cobra brand flat gold marker that's similar to Diesel 10's colour, so only the hazard stripes use the olive green (mixed with white). When needed, it will also allow me to make (relatively) seamless quick fixes without paint and paintbrushes. Due to how thin the tip is, it worked better for filling the tiny gaps between the windows and side vents.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • generic_truck_69420

Messages In This Thread
RE: DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments - by DalaGStanator - 12-19-2021, 09:02 PM