DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments

168 Replies, 75562 Views

Personally I liked the Skarloey model, maybe its the colourful nature of the model or something, but definitely more attractive to me.  Mind you thinking about it, could just be I prefer steam trains to diesel/electric, I always find the latter pretty boring, not much character to them.  Bit like cars these days, I mean who genuinely likes SUV's from an aesthetic perspective?  Not me for sure, just like most of the hybrids etc... these days remove their badges and you can't generally tell them apart, boring as hell.  Now steam trains have character and individuality, I know some people will say they all have a boiler, smoke stack and a cab.  But there are all those special steamers out there, for example the W1 and the GT3 which I recently added to my stable.  But even forgetting the showpieces even the little tank engines vary so much and have so much character.  But I digress somewhat as that is a bit of a hobby horse for me.

Just a thought, but have you ever considered using plasticard to make the train bodies/chassis?  It may well be a better material which will give a better finish to the end models...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • DalaGStanator

Messages In This Thread
RE: DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments - by Nigels - 12-26-2021, 09:04 AM