DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments

167 Replies, 72917 Views

Yes, I quite liked working on these (currently) wind up narrow gauge tops over the course of Sukkot. Because I only have one such chassis and it can often get stuck with certain ones (and not even work on its own track), I've thought about giving them unpowered individual chassis and building coaches, trucks, Rheneas, Rusty and other engines like them.

I just happen to share the same view, including road vehicles. A look at my real railway photos should make it relatively obvious. I thought I should also make some original (freelance; barring the Class 08) locomotive designs, and the powered ex Annie chassis is my only suitable one for most diesels, electrics or long coaches/trucks. I just need to rewire it and get it working again someday. After what you've just added, I should totally start building more steamers (real, freelance and Thomas, even unpowered ones). I like how the GT3 looks, so it has definitely been considered for an upcoming scratchbuild - likely for Spencer's chassis like Henry. Regarding the tank engines: I recall an Andrew Barclay 0-4-0ST named British Gypsum and owned by a Deviantart user; might build an unpowered replica of it as a tribute.

While I do agree about the plasticard and wish it were widely available, cardboard is much easier to come by and I'm fine with the results it can give. Not to mention, the 3D pen can also be of great help for thin parts that need to be robust. To this day, the only part on a TOMY/TrackMaster frame I don't know how to reproduce is the activation tab/motor retainer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments - by DalaGStanator - 12-26-2021, 08:01 PM