DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments

167 Replies, 72903 Views

Sadly, that chassis really is a smaller gauge and is 0-4-0. Even if I'd take out the motor and build a unique chassis for Rocket, the coupling rods can't be taken off and there's no way to change its direction. I would design it to run on Plarail instead, either unpowered or like the early TrackMaster Stephen (loco drive with an oversized firebox, albeit with a "Thomas type" DU). I don't currently plan to use it for standard gauge.

Very kind of you, but I'll give it a pass. The only spare drive unit I can use is a "Thomas type" (2x) due to how they work. I can even use foil to conduct power to them, meaning no wires are needed. Unlike the Flat type or battery tender units, they don't extend over the front wheels either. I have this unused frame from the RC/Flip Face Thomas, which has been my reference for the retainer and tab:

[Image: E00-BFE16-66-A4-4-CAB-9750-EEC426-BA5328.jpg]

It uses the same drive gear as normal variants, but has a circuit board where the battery would normally be. As such, I can only use it as a reference or prototype. I've added the whole plate (+a driving wheel) to my sheet of components for 3D pen tracing.
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Nigels

Messages In This Thread
RE: DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments - by DalaGStanator - 12-27-2021, 02:06 PM