DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments

167 Replies, 72960 Views

[Image: EB2-B6-BDF-AFC8-45-E0-9337-AC09-FD0-ED33-C.jpg][Image: 7419-BBEA-5-BEC-46-D0-A240-ED0-D64-E37-F6-B.jpg][Image: 7-F5889-F8-A59-C-477-A-87-D3-12336-B9-B9189.jpg]

In the moment of truth, these points turned out to be a failure. They make a very obvious break of gauge, the spaces on the diverging part cause derailments and the cardboard strip rails can't perfectly hold up the coaches. I was too confident that the wheels on one side would just run on the full rail, and the guard rails would prevent the coaches from falling into the grooves. Indian Rail Model made points for the Rail King track system by cutting two existing pieces and gluing them, which (as one might expect) works better but isn't something I'd want to do with my track. Even four/six wheeled Take Along/Take 'n Play items, which run perfectly on the straights and curves, are too low for the points (though I could always trim the guard rails to help them clear). Hoping to find better methods for a second attempt.
[-] The following 4 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper, PerkyHydrAan, Super, Therealblack64YT

Messages In This Thread
RE: DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experiments - by DalaGStanator - 03-18-2022, 09:45 AM