Thomas Wood is getting discontinued

6 Replies, 5136 Views

Thomas Wood is now getting dropped by Mattel I think?.
Does anyone have memories of Thomas wood?
I do remember going into a store and finding them.
I was shocked because they had exposed wood, another time I went to Kmart and found the pegs full of them.

[Image: Thomaswood.jpg]
The D.Fusit Tanker Man was here.
[-] The following 3 users Like TheD.FusitTankerMan12's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, Super, Tharazero1
@TheD.FusitTankerMan12, Mattel is running out of cash and it's all their fault. They don't understand that no one wants their terrible merchandise or their stupid reboot and are surprised that they are running out of cash. One day they are going to go bust.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super, TheD.FusitTankerMan12
What a shame. Wooden trains have been around so long and have put smiles on childrens face for many decades that I never thought they could possibly go away. I would guess that part of the reason is that in these newer generations of motorized and electronic devices, they just aren't as attractive for young parents to buy for their little ones. So much other choices for them to spoil their children with LOL
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
The original Thomas Wooden Railway ended in 2017, and Wood was Mattel's replacement for it. Other long running brands (BRIO, IKEA, Bigjigs, Whittle Shortline, etc.) are all still active and will not be affected. One of the real reasons why (Thomas) Wood specifically failed was because it had its own track design (not the detail), which was meant to alienate buyers who had other systems. Wooden Railway had the same universal design as all other brands but with printed sleepers, traction support for battery powered items and (until 2014) road surface markings.
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super, TheD.FusitTankerMan12
Not surprise

1. kids are more into technologies more than physical toys like trains, lego, etc
2. Trackmaster products are way cheaper than wooden train and motorized
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Good, the line was awful and it shows that Mattel is seriously running low on cash to make something that is passable. Also can we all agree that the track system is the worst thing about the line?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Culdee04's post:
  • DalaGStanator
@Culdee04 Yes, it’s like they wanted to alienate it from every other toy train line out there. Much good that did for them.
plarail for life
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainsRawesome's post:
  • DalaGStanator