Help Me Remember

4 Replies, 1950 Views

I need some help remembering where we discussed a clear Lime Green Tanker. It was probably last year sometime where we talked about this clear tanker with sloshing green liquid. Does anyone remember that discussion?

BTW: its not the blue Egg Dye one with green liquid that is so plentiful
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, TrainsRawesome
I believe you are talking about the alternate version of the Egg Dye tanker which is lime green with orange dye. You and GGF talked about it in this thread: https://blueplastictracks.com/showthread...427&page=2

In that thread he says he only saw it once on eBay and it was listed by a counterfeit seller. So it’s probably either a prototype version or (more likely) a knockoff.
[Image: BC72-BD1-A-8-C27-47-F3-85-CA-08540-B8-EFCE2.jpg]

Hope this helps Smile
plarail for life
[-] The following 4 users Like TrainsRawesome's post:
  • DalaGStanator, GreatGordonFan, Super, Tharazero1
THATS IT!!!
Fantastic, thank you T-Raw...that was driving me crazy.

That seller listed a quantity of 3 and one sold so I bought the other 2...at least I thought I did. A few days after I bought them I get a message from the seller that they couldn't find them and they offered as a replacement........2 of the regular blue Egg Tankers...fat chance I was taking that deal. I was going to go the extra mile at any cost, over $80usd with shipping from the UK for these 2 lime green ones and they thought the blues ones would suffice...lol. Needless to say I was so disappointed to not be getting them as they look legit or at least a perfect knockoff.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • TrainsRawesome
I looked on the thomas wiki as I thought that tanker may have used a different tanker's chassis, but I realised that no other tanker had it. This is unique. Perhaps this may be like the recently discovered snow freddie? Mass produced but unreleased and sold as knockoffs. Who knows?
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super, TrainsRawesome
From the U.K. you say? That’s strange, I’d say it’s probably a knockoff then because most of the prototypes / never released items come from China where the factories are. Perhaps it’s even a custom job.

Unfortunately since the listing was a scam we’ll never get to inspect the tanker further. And so sorry Super, I’ve always been worried of that happening. Hopefully they’ll resurface eventually and you can finally obtain it
plarail for life
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainsRawesome's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super