How much would a Tomy Oliver ACTUALLY be worth?

4 Replies, 3027 Views

I don't plan on selling anything, and I don't plan on buying one cause I've already got one, but I just want to know the worth of both a used Tomy Oliver and a mint-in-box Oliver because the eBay prices are just stupid for both.
I'm assuming a used one would be about 15-20$ and a NIB one would be about 50-70$, but I wanna hear your thoughts.
[-] The following 2 users Like CooingSlinky11's post:
  • DalaGStanator, TrainsRawesome
I personally think that a used tomy oliver would be around £25-35.
A BNIB should sell for around £60-£65
Just my humble opinion
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • CooingSlinky11, TrainsRawesome
I would say a used one in good condition is worth around $30. In terms of BNIB, it depends on which version. For example, I would think an original (yellow box) Plarail or Tomica World version would be worth more than a later Plarail or Motor Road and Rail version. Definitely not worth $800 though.
plarail for life
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainsRawesome's post:
  • CooingSlinky11
it is hard to say.  Sure, it is rare to find Oliver in a used lot on ebay.  At the same time, Oliver is not highly sought after engine.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • CooingSlinky11
It's weird because what one item is worth to one person can be worth something completely different to another person. See I think Oliver is only worth max $50 yet people will pay $150-$200 for a complete set with coaches (which I think is crazy) but I think a BNIB sealed version would be worth like $400-$500, all depending on the type of box of course, with me thinking the list in terms of value would be Blue Tomica World, Yellow Tomica World, Motor Road and Rail then the Plarail versions after
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • CooingSlinky11, TrainsRawesome