Plarail Metallic Thomas

7 Replies, 3571 Views

Hey! So this is my first post of being in this community, I'm glad I was able to join so getting down to the topic I was browsing around looking for the Plarail 60th Anniversary Thomas when i found this other Plarail Metallic Thomas with two Clarebels with a him and both Clarebels each having their own plain box. I looked around the internet and also couldn't find an Metallic Annie with her own box and I haven't found any posts talking or mentioning this Thomas at all so could it just be an obscure rare metallic Thomas release? 
[Image: k322210467-1.jpg]
[Image: 474447166-1.jpg]
[Image: m66831356057-1.jpg]
[Image: m66831356057-2.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Akito_Okane's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1, TheDiamondDalek, TrainsRawesome
Welcome! Smile

I’ve seen these a few times. Apparently they were a “not for sale” release and only Thomas and Clarabel were given their own box like this. Thomas is the same as the 2010 metallic Thomas from the Toys R Us Tidmouth Sheds set and I think Clarabel is the same as the one from the 60th Anniversary release. I’m not sure how they could be obtained, but my guess is that they were some sort of giveaway. They don’t appear to be that hard to find nowadays though so I would think quite a few were available, definitely more so than the top 4 rarest Thomases. Still, pretty obscure nonetheless and a great topic to discuss. Hopefully some of our other members could chime in, as this is a topic I myself have been trying to figure out for some time.
plarail for life
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainsRawesome's post:
  • Super, Tons of Trackmasters
Welcome to BPT's Akito Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
...and we would love to see some of your trains! Big Grin

Welcome, Akito!! Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
Alright Thanks I thought they might have been released like that and thanks for the welcomes! Big Grin
I have both boxed, the Thomas is unopened.
[Image: 20210719-132138.jpg]
[Image: 20210719-132140.jpg]
[Image: 20210719-132142.jpg]
[Image: 20210719-133159.jpg]
The ST marks put Thomas around 2008 and Clarabel around 2009. The production stamps above the barcode match these. There was not an Annie released as far as I know. They are obviously not for sale packaging, but I haven't seen a specific source
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 2 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • Super, TrainsRawesome
Thanks Duck! Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Thanks!  Big Grin