express coach

12 Replies, 6358 Views

Is it me or is there another shade of blue and coach does exists in the Tomy product line.  I am sure these rolling stocks are harvested from talking engines.  
[Image: s-l1600-15.jpg]
[Image: s-l1600-16.jpg]
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super, TrainsRawesome
I think its the OT-03 Talking James released in 2013? I do have 4 similar blue, non-talking, Express Coaches but I can't remember which train it came with? All I remember is it wasn't too long ago they were released but it may have not been as dark of blue..

[Image: HUGE-Blue-Passenger-Coaches-Express-Plar...Thomas.jpg]

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, TrainsRawesome
It’s the talking coach that came with the Plarail TT-05 Second Generation Talking Henry. At first glance it looks similar to the green one but you can clearly tell it’s more of a navy blue if you look closely.

@Super the one that came with the OT-03 James is a much lighter shade of blue. There are two other bluish Plarail express coaches; Connor’s coach, which is teal, and Shooting Star Gordon’s coach, which is bright blue with red striping (the same color scheme as the Shooting Star).
[Image: 7-E933-BC0-09-A2-495-C-B58-B-0-D784676-D59-B.jpg]
[Image: D5-EC2983-1-D1-D-4-C5-F-931-B-42-B73-F03-D94-A.jpg]

Hope this helps Big Grin
plarail for life
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainsRawesome's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Of course you are probably right T-Raw.

Do you know which train the coach on top come with? I know I pre-ordered 4 of these trains before its release just to get this variation of an Express Coach but its driving me crazy trying to remember which one.

[Image: IMG-0301.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • TrainsRawesome
Yeah that top one is the one that came with the OT-03 Talking James that you mentioned earlier. It’s a pretty cool one for sure, the bright blue goes well with the cream.

Just for future reference here are all the different variations of the Plarail Thomas express coach I know of:
- Green (with regular Gordon)
- Red (in various sets)
- Red made with red plastic (Powerful Gordon)
- Red with yellow stripe (TF-04)
- Dark blue (2nd Generation Talking Henry)
- Light blue (50 Phrase Talking James)
- Maroon (50 Phrase Talking Gordon)
- Teal (Connor)
- Magenta (Caitlin)
- Completely light blue with red and silver stripes (Shooting Star)
- Light green “Season’s Greetings” (Thomas Holiday Set)
plarail for life
DOH! [Image: forehead-slap-smiley-emoticon.gif]

I can be such a Dolt sometimes (maybe more) I was assuming that the James I showed above's, coach, was the talking Unit like the ones Leyland pictured. What an idiot...I had answered my own question even before I asked it. Blush
Wake up Super [Image: face-slap.gif]

Thanks for the list showing the variations that the Tomy Express Coaches come in. I needed that. Hmmm...there are many more variations of the Tomy Express Coaches that were not released withing the Thomas character line...mostly from, but not all, from Japans various years Plarail Expos. Now that would be a useful List too. [Image: winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • TrainsRawesome
If I may pile on another ignorant - er lazy - question. Are all or most of the color variations part of Sodor or just dreamed up as variations to sell more toy trains? I can't say I have heard of many named trains on the island. But I am ignorant to most Thomas history so perhaps I just haven't stumbled upon the information..
[-] The following 1 user Likes FlyingKipper's post:
  • TrainsRawesome
@FlyingKipper The red and green express coaches were commonly seen in the show, the green ones were usually used for Gordon’s express and the red ones for other mainline trains. I believe there might have been some of the lighter blue and brown/maroon coaches in The Railway Series books. Connor and Caitlin’s coaches are also based on the actual ones in the show. As far as I know, the dark blue express coach has never appeared anywhere, and the Shooting Star’s coach and “Season’s Greetings” Christmas coach are completely made up by Tomy.
plarail for life
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainsRawesome's post:
  • GreatGordonFan
@tRa There is one more for sure that I don’t think I see on your list…
Spencer’s coach (the Duke & Dutches’ coach)
[Image: DCCD633-B-4-E13-4-CEF-B1-A7-364-CBA2-E5912.jpg]

[Image: E2-DB86-E8-5440-4-D4-A-AFEA-3-E996104863-A.jpg]
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • TrainsRawesome
Now I would have loved to have seen Gordon's special coaches made into trackmaster. This would be a greatest moments pack I would absolutely buy!

"Gordon and his special coach"
[Image: Trackmaster-Gordon.png]
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super, TrainsRawesome