Blue Clarabel

16 Replies, 7845 Views

Who's that girl? (eBay UK)

[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
this is most likely a bootleg/ knock off reminds me of a green variant I saw on a leokimvideo dark side video
[-] The following 1 user Likes Therealblack64YT's post:
  • DalaGStanator
(09-08-2021, 07:30 PM)Therealblack64YT Wrote: this is most likely a bootleg/ knock off reminds me of a green variant I saw on a leokimvideo dark side video
Thank you. I guess I should have been more specific and asked:

From which bootleg set does this blue version of Clarabel come?
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Definitely a bootleg, as to which set it came in, i dont know, i had a substantial search but didn't find any compelling information about it

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cddLo...G2N8VDiTvA 
[Image: 795436713421701122.png?v=1]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheDiamondDalek's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Interesting...is this yours Dr Chris? From the Knockoff sets I remember seeing they wouldn't put the name on it. It would look exactly like her but by omitting the name the think they can skirt the intellectual property rights issue. Very curious.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
could it be custom made?
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
I suppose it could be, it was my first thought especially when I saw the bleed under tape paint job on the roof but that evidence is the opposite of what is showing on the one bump in the roof. It looks to be the blue color under the gray but that would mean that the whole coach was painted blue first then the gray roof masked off which would make the bleed under tape gray on the blue part. If it is a custom that detailing of the windows and such is fantastic ....a stencil perhaps? That can't be right, it would take a lot to make a stencil like that.    Very interesting...
It's not a custom, the chassis and couplings are different from a Tomy one as well. One of the couplings appears to have been integral with the chassis and subsequently snapped off. It's not mine, it's being offered as part of a lot on eBay UK at present.

[Image: image.png]
  • Super
Ah....and it also looks like blue plastic and not painted. Wonder if looking around the knockoffs on AliExpress might turn something up.

Dr Chris....might there be any other items in the Lot that could be knockoffs or just different in the Listing?
(09-09-2021, 01:40 PM)Super Wrote: Dr Chris....might there be any other items in the Lot that could be knockoffs or just different in the Listing?
Nothing else, just a standard Tomy Clarabel and the green bolster wagon from the breakdown crane. Item #334141145620
  • Super