Not My Fault!!!

23 Replies, 7695 Views

Wow...it has been a long time since I have purchased anything Plarail....This is not my Fault....I blame Mr No.

I do plan on making some videos this winter and this R/C Chassis might be fun with controlling some engines like in Mr No's video's.

[Image: IMG-0334.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, Tharazero1
We will actually see some new videos of your beautiful layout?! Now that would be something! We were waiting for ages! Big Grin
You will love this controller, and we will love to see your trains stopping "by themselves" at the stations! Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
Question for you Mr No...There is the A/B Key switch on the Controller and an A/B Switch under the Chassis...I am not sure what they do as it seems to run the same in any combination.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
For the system to work, both switches (chassis switch and controller switch) must be in the same mode (A or B). In my experience, mode A is better, because the train starts and stops gradually, and in mode B instantly. So mode A appears to me to be much better and more realistic than mode B. 

I'm not sure why there are two modes at all, though. Could it be, maybe, in case someone uses two controllers?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
i am contemplating getting this piece myself.  To me this system is a lot similar to Mr motorman.  What are the differences between them?
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Someone with more technical knowledge (and both devices) will know more, but I think the principal difference is that Mr. Motorman has a special case that you put in the battery compartment, and with this new controller you get a whole replaceable chassis that can be used with the trains that allow such chassis-swap (trains marked with OK sign on the box).
  • Super
@Mr No
Now that you mention it and for the fact that I can't read the box, maybe this Controller can operate 2 different engines. Each engine chassis would be designated 'A' or 'B' and by simply switching the Console from 'A' to 'B' one could switch between controlling 2 trains. Do you have a second R/C chassis to test this theory out?

@Leyland
I now have both of them and there are pluses and minuses to both imo. I haven't fully tested this new version but after watching all of Mr No's video's where this is used I can assume that some of the differences are...

This new version seems to have a more quick response to the controls where you can easily stop exactly where you want. With the Mr Motorman the response of the engine is slow where it makes it hard to stop exactly where you want.

This new version is limited to only the engines with the 'OK" sign on the box as Mr No states above. The chassis can be swapped out perfectly with the last 2 AA chassis's the Plarail has produced in the last few years. So, up till now, I believe the only trains you would be able to control are some Commuter trains (like in Mr No's Video's) and Shinkansen/Bullet trains.

With the Mr Motorman you can turn any train that uses a 'C' size battery into an R/C engine and with the later Mr Motormans both 'C' and 'AA' engines. This makes the Mr Motorman preferable, imo, because it can be used with all the Freight and steam engines too in addition to the Commuters and Shinkanse/Bullet trains.

I do have the newer edition of Mr Motorman but never really got around to testing it against the original version that we had. So if the newer version has addressed the slow response time then it may be the perfect choice for all trains. Since I lean towards Diesel Freight and Steam trains Mr Motorman gets the pluses for me.

This will be our third R/C type set...the first is the Tomica World 300 Series Shinkansen Infrared set pictured here

[Image: Uwjntitled.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No
I have only one special chassis, Super - the one that came with the controller! Big Grin

So now we are looking for someone who has two sets (or could read Japanese) to confirm which operation (or both) is possible:

a) controlling two trains with two controllers - one train and belonging controller set both to mode "A", and the second one to mode "B", or

b) controlling two trains with one controller - one train set to mode "A", the other to mode "B", and switching the console from "A" to "B".
  • Super
Fallen off the wagon again eh Super? lol!
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Instruction Manual is here.

[Image: Untitled.png]

「列車キー」を遊びたいバンド(AまたはB)の方ヘ動かします。サウンドの種類が、下の表のように変わります

Move the "train key" towards the band (A or B) you want to play with. The type of sound changes as shown in the table below.

[Image: Untitled1.png]

Nothing to do with controlling more than one train, it seems.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No