Lunch Goods Gift Set???

8 Replies, 2965 Views

Lunch Goods Gift Set

Not sure if I have ever heard of this set before let alone seen one. The engine in this set looks unused looking at the negative battery terminal but what was in the missing parts on the left side inside the box? Was it something edible? Was there other sets released in the Lunch Goods line? Anyone seen or know more? I love the combination of these contrasting colors on the the engine except for those dang yellowed wheels. I would definitely be swapping those out for a set of grays or even a set of Thomas/Gordon/Edward colored.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
Engine is from 1979. It's a beautiful one! Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Thanks Mr No

Was this color version released in 1979 by itself or in another set? What is the type of engine...EF81??? I am having a difficult time searching for info on this and didn't find it in the Plarail/Tomy Bible.
  • Mister No
I just saw the year 1979 in that video, stamped on the bottom of the engine...!  Blush
  • Super
Did manage a complete image. Included a Cup and what looks like a tin. Could there be something edible in the tin?

[Image: s-nl500.jpg]
  • Mister No
Oh, what a nice little set!  Heart

A cup, a small lunch-box (?), and I don't know is that a can or not, but sure is cute! 
"And you can play with the train only after you finish your dinner!" Big Grin
  • Super
That is strange as the Brand does include Logo's for Tomy, Plarail annnd...Tomica but I don't see a road vehicle in the set which makes me think there are other versions too but I can't come up with any.
  • Mister No
A fun lunch time for children who love vehicles! A cute gift set that combines practicality. The lunch box comes with a middle plate and can be used in the microwave by removing the lid. The cup can also be used in the microwave. All except the locomotive and scene parts are safe and secure antibacterial specifications! ◆ Set contents ◆ ・ Tight lunch box with medium plate (360 ml) ・ Trio set (chopsticks, spoons, forks) ・ Glass (200ml) ・ EF-81 electric locomotive ・ Scene parts (signal x 1, standing tree x 2)
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Thank you for the translation Dr Chris. So there isn't any food with it. It is pretty cool, wonder how much it cost when released.