Strike Out For Customs

19 Replies, 5661 Views

Bought these at what I thought a good price for the purpose of adapting some of these shells to Plarail chassis especially the Santa Fe's coaches and the BNSF Tandem diesels but alas, they are a bit smaller than plarail and won't work. They are nicely detailed though.

[Image: IMG-0358.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, Mister No
I see them for the first time in my life! What are they?? Something similar to Plarail? Batteries? Push-alongs?? They are really nice and cute!  Heart

Santa Fe is especially nice with that Dome Car and Observation Car!  Cool

If they won't work on Plarail, are there any tracks for them? Could you build a separate system next to your Plarail layout? Oh, sorry, so many questions...  Blush
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
https://lec-shop.com/collections/all-items
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, Mister No
Oh, now I remember seeing the MTA NY City Subway R-160 Toy Train Set on YouTube...

Consider buying the whole (Santa Fe) set? They'll work on their own tracks... Confused

And the Accessory Expansion Set looks nice, too...!  Big Grin
  • DalaGStanator, Super
They are just a bit too small for me, darn, it would have been nice to see them on a Tomy chassis on Tomy tracks......will sell them on Ebay eventually.

[Image: IMG-0364.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
I see the problem, but how can you sell them?? That Santa Fe will look great even displayed on the shelf!  Angel
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Recoup the cost so I can buy more Plarails!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
What gauge track do they need, i.e. what is the distance between the wheels? Do the coaches have bogies?
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, Super
I don't want to open one because they all are sealed and easier to sell as new but my estimation is that the are about 5/8 inch wide. The wheels are very small, smaller than Plarails smallest wheels on some rolling stock. Plus, looking closely to the drive wheels which are on the middle car, there looks to be about 1/8th inch clearance between the outside edge of the rubber and the axle cowl covering what may be a gear. My guess is that these would have much trouble running on the Tomy tracks if they could roll on them at all. Another guess of mine would be that these are closer to HO/OO scale rather than Plarail.

[Image: IMG-0367.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No
Here is a video on NYC Subway train from this series... Nice system, some very nice elements, slopes look great and Yankee Stadium Station from that video is awesome, but i don't like the 2nd car drive:

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super