WOOHOO! Its Been A Long Time

44 Replies, 12549 Views

Thanks, Chris! Nice commuter train in both of them! Big Grin  Cool
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Thanks DC...hardly noticeable for sure. I wouldn't have noticed if it weren't for you pointing it out.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(11-19-2021, 11:01 AM)chrisjo Wrote:
(11-19-2021, 09:36 AM)plarnold Wrote: Is it correct to believe that you were supposed to post a picture of the E233 Series Saikyo Line?
The 205 Series has not been sold at the Railway Museum for a long, long time.
Good point, but no. I did mean to post that 205 srs box picture, but I should have just said that it replaced the box that Super bought, without saying that it was still available now. Sorry for any confusion.

Since you mention it, this is the Fun Train E233 srs Saikyo Line in the Railway Museum shop in May 2017, I believe they sold it there as a limited re-issue from March 2017 to some time in 2018. It had previously been generally available in the same box for a short period from October 2013.

The text in the yellow 'splatt' is 鉄道博物館限定販売 - "Limited sale at the Railway Museum "

Wow! I definitely did not notice the difference in the photo. Good to know.  Big Grin

The Plarail E233 Series Saikyo line is mostly limited to the Railway Museum - although it is possible it pops up in some special events.

The time period when it is available seems to be an inexact science. Back when it was available it would sell out and after a while, the stock would be replenished without any marketing. On the other hand, in 2017 when it was available again there was a bit more marketing.

-plarnold
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2021, 11:14 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like plarnold's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Oh...and 50 or so pieces of rolling stock came from the box...

[Image: IMG-0509.jpg]

One more item left in the box and its a very neat and hard to find set...it will be my second.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
And now for the last item which in my opinion the best of the Lot. The very elusive D-51 882 First Try Set with some exclusive, this set only items. Besides the D-51 882 only found in this set there is the Gray Shed with Black Roof and the Switch point (I call it a close point) in gray that as far as I have seen is only available in the Tomy blue.

What is really odd about this release is that the front of the box shows a huge real D-51 Steam engine but its not the engine that is in the box. This engine on the front is not the D-51 882 but the D-51 498 whos Plarail version is a little easier to be found. Weird, wonder why they did that. I also wonder how many different First Try Sets they made. This is the second D-51 882 First Try Set I have, a great, rare, addition to anyones Steam Engine collection.

[Image: IMG-0512.jpg]

I really had fun taking my time with this big box of trains. I really don't see this happening any more for me but...who knows Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No