Christmas Coming So...

26 Replies, 11232 Views

Here's the latest additions to my 'iconic brands' type train rolling stock, a couple of new Hornby Coca-Cola wagons Smile

[Image: IMG-20211116-151204.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20211116-151215.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20211116-151247.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20211116-151414.jpg]

and a recent eBay find, a DCC digital controlled sound enabled Princess class pacific loco;

[Image: IMG-20211117-164047.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20211117-164302.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20211117-164312.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Branding!!! Big Grin  I do love love love that Princess Helena.

The Coca Cola reminds me of the custom made by Ucwepns Dad... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZAYBF7D150
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I already got the Coca-Cola branded loco/wagon train set the Christmas before the pandemic started (2019) so adding the wagons was a no brainer for me Smile

But as for the Princess Helena not only does it look "the dogs danglies", but has a factory fitted digital DCC sound decoder, which means you not only get to control it if you have a DCC controller, but it also has realistic sound.  Here's a video example of one running;

The sound effects range from the normal steam idling sounds you get when a loco is sitting in a station/siding to the deep throb of the steam as it pulls away building up to full speed running sounds (I'm not sure this video demonstrates the latter as I was watching another the other day that did).  You also get a bunch of 'spot sound effects' triggered by DCC functions sent from your controller such as sounding the whistle etc...

This is the video I watched when I saw the listing on eBay before I decided to bid;

(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 03:24 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
I am in love with...Helena, she is a beauty Smile
I know what you mean, DCC sound enabled loco's may be the thing to finally push me into making a permanent layout happen.  Doubly so as in Amazon(UK)'s black friday sale they have on sale the following;

1. Hornby DCC Select Controller
2. Aberdonian Train Pack (DCC Ready - meaning its got a socket pre-wired in the loco to allow a decoder to be fitted easily) - the train pack has the A1 class (think Flying Scotsman) loco 'Tornado' which was a special brand new build locomotive that was built some 10-15 years ago by one of the preservation societies.  You also get a set of 3 suitable coaches  to make up the named train, in this case Maroon ex-LMS coaches, so ideal for use with Helena as well Smile
3. A Hornby TTS Sound decoder specifically for the A1/A3 class of loco's Smile

In other words everything needed to make a base set apart from track which I already got loads of Smile

Happy Days! Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 03:24 PM by Super.)
  • Super
Nigels...I think you need an Airplane Hangar to start setting up all the different train systems that you have collected over the years. I would pay admission to see that Smile
Perhaps I need to start a crowd funding page to pay rent on a hanger to do just that and get a new business up and running lol!
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2021, 05:15 AM by Super.)
  • Super