Yesterday 06:00 PM
» Replies: 192
» Views: 18034
Coach Lighting The Easy Way...
Last Post: Super
Yesterday 06:39 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 84
DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experi...
Yesterday 06:33 AM
» Replies: 38
» Views: 4179
Plarail in the Western World?
Yesterday 06:32 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 150
The North Rails Youtube Channel.
11-27-2021 11:12 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 727
Tomy Amtrak!
11-27-2021 06:20 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 337
Secret side project ;)
Last Post: Plarail Man UK
11-27-2021 04:11 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 446
Custom Made Yodo Line "Shimantorokko" (v...
Last Post: leylandvictory2
11-25-2021 12:29 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 133
Thomas the Tank Engine Lo-Boy Carousel
Last Post: Mister No
11-24-2021 11:47 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 152

WOOHOO! Its Been A Long Time
It seems like forever when I use to get these huge packages from Japan...too long. I am going to take my time with this one. Big Grin

[Image: IMG-0436.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, Plarail Man UK
The Pandemic must really be over in the world of Super Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Wuhan is still around and...so is the EMS shipping at Japamart, back in business Big Grin

The first thing I see when opening the box...this hard to find unusual (to me) train. Released in 2000

[Image: IMG-0438.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
Never saw that one. The engine (the part that can be seen) looks like some kind of a road vehicle...
But there has to be much more in that big package... I hope you show us new members of your fleet in all their glory! Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
I know we had a discussion about this train a while ago because it was me who asked for info on it but I can't find that Thread. Its says FTR on the lead engine but that doesn't get anything with search or at YouTube. I will get a picture of the unit outside its box for you tomorrow plus another surprise from the box. I am enjoying taking this slow as I don't assume I will ever have another big purchase like this again.
  • Mister No
Still haven't found the Thread where we talk about this unusual set

[Image: IMG-0445.jpg]

What else is coming out of the big box???
The 80th Anniversary Edition Series Set with two Commuter trains, Series 1 and 2000 with working Headlights.I think this neat double set was released in 2007 (please correct me if wrong) and was to commemorate the 80 years that this particular line has been operating in Japan. In the set we have what is the first train running this line and the current one.

[Image: IMG-0441.jpg]
  • Mister No
The "FTR Train" (whatever that means) has that older-days-look and comes with somewhat unusual rolling stock: a car transport wagon and then the triggering unloading car... I wonder what that car (and where) is supposed to unload...

Beautiful Tokyo Metro Ginza Line commuter train set!  Heart

The classic train (Series 2000) was also in the double set with the classic Marunouchi Line train, and Ucwepn had a nice unboxing video of that one. 

Ginza line sold some of their Series 01 trains to Kumamoto Electric Railway, and I made a video on that one. However, for some reason, Tomy didn't make the Kumamoto Plarail version with working lights.
  • Super
Thanks Mr No, I knew you would know more for me about these commuters.  Wink
  • Mister No
(11-11-2021, 11:41 AM)Super Wrote: Wuhan is still around and...so is the EMS shipping at Japamart, back in business Big Grin

The first thing I see when opening the box...this hard to find unusual (to me) train. Released in 2000

[Image: IMG-0438.jpg]

Nice looking car on that wagon Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Even though the car says Tomica under the chassis it doesn't mention the Make and Model of it which you usually find on the Tomica vehicles. Its also made of medal, is quite heavy and both the driver and passenger doors open.
  • Mister No
The FTR loco is a repaint of the 1989-1993 Meitetsu Panorama Super (1000 srs), and the car is a Tomica Toyota Celica. The name on the box is 'Unloading Freight Train' (積みおろし貨物トレイン), and the release date was 23-Nov-2000.

[Image: IMG-7089-e1495323358699-1024x381.jpg]

Here's the thread you were looking for.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Super, Mister No
(11-11-2021, 11:16 PM)Super Wrote: The 80th Anniversary Edition Series Set with two Commuter trains, Series 1 and 2000 with working Headlights.I think this neat double set was released in 2007 (please correct me if wrong)
This one is the Ginza Subway Line Double Set (地下鉄銀座線ダブルセット), and was released 29-Nov-2007.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No
Thank you so much Dr Chris, for finding that Thread. Wow, 7 years ago. You really have a talent for searching, A trait I a missing.  I actually recall a video that this train was running on that showed the dump wagon dumping black round spheres but I don't recall a set having this train included with it. It would be strange to have only released it in this 3 item box with nowhere to perform the dumping. I have seen that Meitetsu Panorama engine before but never realized that the FTR was a repaint of it. Hmmm wonder what the FTR is short for...Freight Tran ...something?

And another thanks for the info on the double Ginza set, it is a very nice limited set. I am going to take one apart and see how they wired the lights and weather they used 1.5volt incandescent or an LED with a voltage generator board
  • Mister No
(11-12-2021, 09:11 PM)chrisjo Wrote: The FTR loco is a repaint of the 1989-1993 Meitetsu Panorama Super (1000 srs)

See what a different colour scheme can make! I know that Meitetsu Panorama, and have seen it before, but I didn't recognize the repaint!  Blush

Thanks, Chris!
  • Super
Holy Smokes...been so busy I completely forgot about the big box of goodies. Here are a couple other boxed trains. Smile

[Image: IMG-0463.jpg]
  • Mister No