WOOHOO! Its Been A Long Time

44 Replies, 12582 Views

It seems like forever when I use to get these huge packages from Japan...too long. I am going to take my time with this one. Big Grin

[Image: IMG-0436.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, Plarail Man UK
The Pandemic must really be over in the world of Super Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Wuhan is still around and...so is the EMS shipping at Japamart, back in business Big Grin

The first thing I see when opening the box...this hard to find unusual (to me) train. Released in 2000

[Image: IMG-0438.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
Never saw that one. The engine (the part that can be seen) looks like some kind of a road vehicle...
But there has to be much more in that big package... I hope you show us new members of your fleet in all their glory! Smile
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
I know we had a discussion about this train a while ago because it was me who asked for info on it but I can't find that Thread. Its says FTR on the lead engine but that doesn't get anything with search or at YouTube. I will get a picture of the unit outside its box for you tomorrow plus another surprise from the box. I am enjoying taking this slow as I don't assume I will ever have another big purchase like this again.
  • Mister No
Still haven't found the Thread where we talk about this unusual set

[Image: IMG-0445.jpg]

What else is coming out of the big box???
The 80th Anniversary Edition Series Set with two Commuter trains, Series 1 and 2000 with working Headlights.I think this neat double set was released in 2007 (please correct me if wrong) and was to commemorate the 80 years that this particular line has been operating in Japan. In the set we have what is the first train running this line and the current one.

[Image: IMG-0441.jpg]
  • Mister No
The "FTR Train" (whatever that means) has that older-days-look and comes with somewhat unusual rolling stock: a car transport wagon and then the triggering unloading car... I wonder what that car (and where) is supposed to unload...

Beautiful Tokyo Metro Ginza Line commuter train set!  Heart

The classic train (Series 2000) was also in the double set with the classic Marunouchi Line train, and Ucwepn had a nice unboxing video of that one. 

Ginza line sold some of their Series 01 trains to Kumamoto Electric Railway, and I made a video on that one. However, for some reason, Tomy didn't make the Kumamoto Plarail version with working lights.
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Thanks Mr No, I knew you would know more for me about these commuters.  Wink
  • Mister No
(11-11-2021, 12:41 AM)Super Wrote: Wuhan is still around and...so is the EMS shipping at Japamart, back in business Big Grin

The first thing I see when opening the box...this hard to find unusual (to me) train. Released in 2000

[Image: IMG-0438.jpg]

Nice looking car on that wagon Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Even though the car says Tomica under the chassis it doesn't mention the Make and Model of it which you usually find on the Tomica vehicles. Its also made of medal, is quite heavy and both the driver and passenger doors open.
  • Mister No