WOOHOO! Its Been A Long Time

44 Replies, 12944 Views

The FTR loco is a repaint of the 1989-1993 Meitetsu Panorama Super (1000 srs), and the car is a Tomica Toyota Celica. The name on the box is 'Unloading Freight Train' (積みおろし貨物トレイン), and the release date was 23-Nov-2000.

[Image: IMG-7089-e1495323358699-1024x381.jpg]

Here's the thread you were looking for.
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super
(11-11-2021, 12:16 PM)Super Wrote: The 80th Anniversary Edition Series Set with two Commuter trains, Series 1 and 2000 with working Headlights.I think this neat double set was released in 2007 (please correct me if wrong)
This one is the Ginza Subway Line Double Set (地下鉄銀座線ダブルセット), and was released 29-Nov-2007.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No
Thank you so much Dr Chris, for finding that Thread. Wow, 7 years ago. You really have a talent for searching, A trait I a missing.  I actually recall a video that this train was running on that showed the dump wagon dumping black round spheres but I don't recall a set having this train included with it. It would be strange to have only released it in this 3 item box with nowhere to perform the dumping. I have seen that Meitetsu Panorama engine before but never realized that the FTR was a repaint of it. Hmmm wonder what the FTR is short for...Freight Tran ...something?

And another thanks for the info on the double Ginza set, it is a very nice limited set. I am going to take one apart and see how they wired the lights and weather they used 1.5volt incandescent or an LED with a voltage generator board
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
(11-12-2021, 10:11 AM)chrisjo Wrote: The FTR loco is a repaint of the 1989-1993 Meitetsu Panorama Super (1000 srs)

See what a different colour scheme can make! I know that Meitetsu Panorama, and have seen it before, but I didn't recognize the repaint!  Blush

Thanks, Chris!
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Holy Smokes...been so busy I completely forgot about the big box of goodies. Here are a couple other boxed trains. Smile

[Image: IMG-0463.jpg]
  • Mister No
The bottom one, as you can see from the date on the box (14th October) is a Plarail Day limited edition, in this case from the year 2000. あさぎり = Asigiri.
(11-14-2021, 07:41 PM)Super Wrote: Holy Smokes...been so busy I completely forgot about the big box of goodies. Here are a couple other boxed trains. Smile

[Image: IMG-0463.jpg]

You tease, we'll have to start calling you Mata Hari lol
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
HaHa...but in this case....I am teasing myself Smile
In any case, it's nice to see (as much as you allowed us to see) that you are now in commuter trains and limited express trains business! Big Grin
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
LOL...probably not...they just happened to come along for the ride Big Grin
  • Mister No