WOOHOO! Its Been A Long Time

44 Replies, 12586 Views

Last of the long boxes from the big box. Getting down to the end, don't know if I will ever have the big box experience again Confused

[Image: IMG-0488.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
(11-17-2021, 12:09 AM)Super Wrote: So do you know if this is set the only way to get the Yellow Nosed 883?
I believe so.
Only wheels on my old 1991 blue nosed Tomy Silver Streak (JR Kyushu 883) are yellow! Big Grin

[Image: IMG-20211117-162643.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
That Saikyo Line 205 srs is a limited edition sold at the Railway Museum in Omiya, Saitama City, about 30km NW of downtown Tokyo (on the Saikyo Line), and released 14th October 2007 at the same time that the museum opened. I guess a lot of them were sold there, judging from the number on auction sites, but yours is the original box. It looked like this later:

[Image: image.png]

Edit: removed implication that it is still on sale now!
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Many thanks for the great information Dr Chris. Will all come in handy if I choose to sell any of these. Big Grin
  • chrisjo
Here we have the rare original Remote Controller for the rare R/C Switch Points. I think (not sure) there were two different R/C Switch Points that had to have this counsel to operate. I have often wondered why this counsel was sold separately from the Points if they are useless by themselves. I don't have any of the Points to see if this works so I will have to keep an eye out for them or just sell this Controller.

[Image: IMG-0492.jpg]
  • Mister No
(11-17-2021, 05:49 PM)chrisjo Wrote: That Saikyo Line 205 srs is a limited edition sold at the Railway Museum in Omiya, Saitama City, about 30km NW of downtown Tokyo (on the Saikyo Line), and released 14th October 2007 at the same time that the museum opened. I guess a lot of them are sold there, but yours is the original box. It looks like this now:

Is it correct to believe that you were supposed to post a picture of the E233 Series Saikyo Line?

The 205 Series has not been sold at the Railway Museum for a long, long time.

-plarnold
[-] The following 2 users Like plarnold's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
(11-19-2021, 09:36 AM)plarnold Wrote: Is it correct to believe that you were supposed to post a picture of the E233 Series Saikyo Line?
The 205 Series has not been sold at the Railway Museum for a long, long time.
Good point, but no. I did mean to post that 205 srs box picture, but I should have just said that it replaced the box that Super bought, without saying that it was still available now. Sorry for any confusion.

Since you mention it, this is the Fun Train E233 srs Saikyo Line in the Railway Museum shop in May 2017, I believe they sold it there as a limited re-issue from March 2017 to some time in 2018. It had previously been generally available in the same box for a short period from October 2013.

[Image: image.png] [Image: image.png]

The text in the yellow 'splatt' is 鉄道博物館限定販売 - "Limited sale at the Railway Museum "
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
I don't see any difference with the boxes. It would have been nice to put that 'splatt' on the outside of the Museum Shop one too.

Thanks for the info fellas. Smile
(11-19-2021, 06:31 PM)Super Wrote: I don't see any difference with the boxes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Mister No