Finally Back

10 Replies, 3272 Views

Hey guys, I guess I was a bit of a flash in the pan last year. I got real excited about Plarail for a few months but then got busy with other things and had a health issue, I thought after the holidays I was done, but then the bug bit me again over the summer when I picked up a few used items on ebay and Facebook Market Place. So I'm back and working on a new display for Christmas for church. I think I'm content with the track layout at this point, I just need to add more scenery and perhaps some cloth for a backdrop. I'll post more pictures when it's finished.

[Image: 20211119-115316.jpg]
[Image: 20211119-115321.jpg]
[Image: 20211119-115326.jpg]
[Image: 20211119-115335.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like Engineer Bob's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, Mister No, Super
Hi Bob

I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering if you were going to do something for the Holidays at your church again this year. lad to hear you are.

I really like your setup especially that freight yard and round houses with turntable. Already it looks like it is going to be a big hit for the get togethers there. Looks like there will also be a Lionel table behind yours.

Keep us up to date on its progress and how it is received by the congregation.  Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No
Wow! It looks so cool already! Happy is the church with such an attraction (and not with just snacks and proverbial old ladies gossips) in the basement! Do you need an organist? I would love to play classic hymns and help with the Plarail layout at the same time in such a church! Big Grin Big Grin
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Mr. No, I would love to have you come and do that if you are ever in our area!
[-] The following 2 users Like Engineer Bob's post:
  • Mister No, Super
I didn't add too much more but here are some updated pictures of the display. I also threw in a couple from
[Image: 20211221-105311.jpg]
[Image: 20211221-105321.jpg]
[Image: 20211221-105751.jpg]
[Image: 20211214-102537.jpg]
[Image: 20211221-105632.jpg]
[Image: 20211214-102604.jpg] the Lionel layout...
[-] The following 4 users Like Engineer Bob's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, Mister No, Super
Where did the Wild West stuff on the Lionel table come from? I quite like the look of the buildings, and the whole scene brings me back to those miniature farms we'd set up when I was much younger. I think the bulls, pigs and white horses (and maybe also the weathervane [?]) could've been painted to add some more "life" to them, because they don't really match the other props.

Also, I only just noticed the subway entrance in the second to last photo. I'm not sure if I've seen one depicted on model layouts before (not even in LEGO), so I'll look into making my own ones at some point.

Lastly, who/what are these two weird looking non human figures?

[Image: 834-D5-B05-D5-A4-4-CF6-A13-C-BE13-A60025-B1.jpg]
Nice work Bob. How is the Layout being received by the guests?

I agree with LaG about the Western town. Reminds me of the Marx sets of old. Are those cardboard buildings on the Lionel Layout and is that a Trackmaster Layout I see on the side?

[Image: 20211214-102604.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
I've zoomed in on it, and yes. It is TrackMaster 1 track, though he doesn't seem to have shown the rest of it yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
The western buildings are from Ertyl playsets. They fit in pretty well with o scale trains. Most of the city buildings are card stock. I bought the designs from Fat Dragon Games. I have access to a color printer so its an inexpensive way to create a big city. I have ground tiles to go with them but didn't take time to put them out this year. The train display is a bit of a mashup of items this year but the overall affect isn't too bad. The two alien looking figures are actually school girls jumping rope. Ill get a closer picture later. Its part of all the winter village items my mother gave to me years ago. And lastly, yes you have sharp eyes, there is a Trackmaster I layout next to the western town. A new guy helped with setup this year and brought his young son along. I let them set those trains up. Honestly, it also kept small hands off the big expensive trains while we were working. Ill get a picture if it for you.
[-] The following 2 users Like Engineer Bob's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
The Lionel Train Layout is yours too Bob?