Yesterday 06:00 PM
» Replies: 192
» Views: 18041
Coach Lighting The Easy Way...
Last Post: Super
Yesterday 06:39 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 84
DalaGStanator's Customs, Mods and Experi...
Yesterday 06:33 AM
» Replies: 38
» Views: 4180
Plarail in the Western World?
Yesterday 06:32 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 150
The North Rails Youtube Channel.
11-27-2021 11:12 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 727
Tomy Amtrak!
11-27-2021 06:20 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 338
Secret side project ;)
Last Post: Plarail Man UK
11-27-2021 04:11 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 448
Custom Made Yodo Line "Shimantorokko" (v...
Last Post: leylandvictory2
11-25-2021 12:29 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 135
Thomas the Tank Engine Lo-Boy Carousel
Last Post: Mister No
11-24-2021 11:47 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 153

Dunkan???
Is this a custom, factory error or what? This duncan's nameplate says "Dunkan".

https://allegro.pl/oferta/trackmaster-ko...1420188451
[-] The following 3 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super, DalaGStanator, chrisjo
[Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, chrisjo
Oh look, here is his narrow gauge buddy, Rhenesa!  Cool Big Grin

[Image: RHENESA.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, GreatGordonFan, Super
@Mister No, That isn't a counterfeit as it is stamped as tomy. I think it may be a custom.

Here's FREDDLE! (counterfeit)
[Image: freddle.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No
All the Chinese 'fakes' have the correct markings underneath; we believe they are produced using genuine moulds that have been acquired by hook or by crook by the counterfeiters.
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Super, DalaGStanator, Mister No
Well, who knows? Tomy certainly didn't produce 'Dunkan', and I'm not sure why would anyone make a custom like that. But anything's possible. 

Speaking of counterfeits, I think there are more counterfeit producers: I have the same Rheneas knockoff, but the name on the box is spelled correctly...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
I agree that the Chinese counterfeits are exact copies even down to the Tomy Logos. I think we have talked about these quite a lot and if my (poor) memory serves, even Dunkan and other mis-spellings.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
Something important to keep in mind: The chinese counterfeits ARE NOT based of the tomy versions. They are only based of the Fisher Price versions. I have suspected that there may have been tomy knockoffs, such as the plarail diesel and how it has been on ebay for years.

This duncan is probably a misspelt custom as the seller does many sticker mods, such as a number 12 emily or percy with envelope stickers on it
[-] The following 3 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Mister No, Super, DalaGStanator
I see your point GGFan about them being Trackmaster copies. Interesting, does all the counterfeits have Trackmaster chassis? Even though they copied the Trackmaster boxes are all the chassis of all the counterfeits that of Trackmaster? The ones I have stored away are all in sealed boxes so I can't look. I can't see the pictures on that web page as it wants me to approve something before I can see but can't read it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
@Super, the counterfeit boxes are nearly identical to the 2012 "little friends" boxes  and the text on it is all probably the same. All counterfeits (known ones at least) have fisher price chassis
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Mister No, Super
All my counterfeit engines have Trackmaster chassis, even with Mattel copyright printed on! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Probably when Mattel ditched classic TrackMaster in 2014 they didn't care about what happened to any of the old toolings and molds, hence them ending up in the hands of counterfeiters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fred_Pelhay's post:
  • DalaGStanator
That’s what’s so great about these…is that THEY ARE REAL, and not just a complete oddball knock-offs.
I guess that they could skimp on the actual components and quality of the plastics, but so far they have been equal to what FisherPrice had released, though some are a bit sloppier than others on their paint jobs.
They come from the same machines and moulds, are operated by the same people, and come from the same country that they always have…they’ve just bypassed the middle man now, and aren’t under the control of FisherPrice anymore. Lol
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like Muddy Poppins's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No, GreatGordonFan, DalaGStanator
i think they want to name the engine Dunkin Donuts lol
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • GreatGordonFan
(11-22-2021, 07:55 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: …they’ve just bypassed the middle man now, and aren’t under the control of FisherPrice anymore. Lol

... and so positioned themselves as producers and sellers of counterfeit goods. Which is a shame, because those goods aren’t some miserable counterfeits of inferior quality (as is usually the case with fake Gucci handbags and the like). Therefore, it is a pity that they did not invest a little effort in legalizing the whole business, for two reasons: (1) the previous manufacturer obviously did not care too much about the product whose production line he suspended, (2) the demand for these products is very high.

They copied Mattel / Fisher-Price tags on boxes; even copyright is ... copied! That's crazy. It is quite certain that these products would be sold, even if they were not labelled Fisher-Price, but, say, Pisher-Frice or whatever, especially because many engines from this "production" have long since retired from the company that produced them. I still hope they come to their senses and move on legally.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • Muddy Poppins, DalaGStanator, GreatGordonFan