Dunkan???

17 Replies, 6752 Views

Is this a custom, factory error or what? This duncan's nameplate says "Dunkan".

https://allegro.pl/oferta/trackmaster-kolej-z-napedem-duncan-damian-tomy-11420188451
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 3 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, Super
[Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator
Oh look, here is his narrow gauge buddy, Rhenesa!  Cool Big Grin

[Image: RHENESA.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, GreatGordonFan, Super
@Mister No, That isn't a counterfeit as it is stamped as tomy. I think it may be a custom.

Here's FREDDLE! (counterfeit)
[Image: freddle.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No
All the Chinese 'fakes' have the correct markings underneath; we believe they are produced using genuine moulds that have been acquired by hook or by crook by the counterfeiters.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 10:44 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, Super
Well, who knows? Tomy certainly didn't produce 'Dunkan', and I'm not sure why would anyone make a custom like that. But anything's possible. 

Speaking of counterfeits, I think there are more counterfeit producers: I have the same Rheneas knockoff, but the name on the box is spelled correctly...
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2021, 10:44 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
I agree that the Chinese counterfeits are exact copies even down to the Tomy Logos. I think we have talked about these quite a lot and if my (poor) memory serves, even Dunkan and other mis-spellings.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
Something important to keep in mind: The chinese counterfeits ARE NOT based of the tomy versions. They are only based of the Fisher Price versions. I have suspected that there may have been tomy knockoffs, such as the plarail diesel and how it has been on ebay for years.

This duncan is probably a misspelt custom as the seller does many sticker mods, such as a number 12 emily or percy with envelope stickers on it
[-] The following 3 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, Super
I see your point GGFan about them being Trackmaster copies. Interesting, does all the counterfeits have Trackmaster chassis? Even though they copied the Trackmaster boxes are all the chassis of all the counterfeits that of Trackmaster? The ones I have stored away are all in sealed boxes so I can't look. I can't see the pictures on that web page as it wants me to approve something before I can see but can't read it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
@Super, the counterfeit boxes are nearly identical to the 2012 "little friends" boxes  and the text on it is all probably the same. All counterfeits (known ones at least) have fisher price chassis
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Mister No, Super