Dunkan???

17 Replies, 6758 Views

All my counterfeit engines have Trackmaster chassis, even with Mattel copyright printed on! Big Grin
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Probably when Mattel ditched classic TrackMaster in 2014 they didn't care about what happened to any of the old toolings and molds, hence them ending up in the hands of counterfeiters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Fred_Pelhay's post:
  • DalaGStanator
That’s what’s so great about these…is that THEY ARE REAL, and not just a complete oddball knock-offs.
I guess that they could skimp on the actual components and quality of the plastics, but so far they have been equal to what FisherPrice had released, though some are a bit sloppier than others on their paint jobs.
They come from the same machines and moulds, are operated by the same people, and come from the same country that they always have…they’ve just bypassed the middle man now, and aren’t under the control of FisherPrice anymore. Lol
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, GreatGordonFan, Mister No
i think they want to name the engine Dunkin Donuts lol
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • GreatGordonFan
(11-21-2021, 08:55 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: …they’ve just bypassed the middle man now, and aren’t under the control of FisherPrice anymore. Lol

... and so positioned themselves as producers and sellers of counterfeit goods. Which is a shame, because those goods aren’t some miserable counterfeits of inferior quality (as is usually the case with fake Gucci handbags and the like). Therefore, it is a pity that they did not invest a little effort in legalizing the whole business, for two reasons: (1) the previous manufacturer obviously did not care too much about the product whose production line he suspended, (2) the demand for these products is very high.

They copied Mattel / Fisher-Price tags on boxes; even copyright is ... copied! That's crazy. It is quite certain that these products would be sold, even if they were not labelled Fisher-Price, but, say, Pisher-Frice or whatever, especially because many engines from this "production" have long since retired from the company that produced them. I still hope they come to their senses and move on legally.
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, GreatGordonFan, MuddyPoppins
(11-21-2021, 08:55 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: They come from the same machines and moulds, are operated by the same people, and come from the same country that they always have…they’ve just bypassed the middle man now, and aren’t under the control of FisherPrice anymore. Lol

But what is the possibility that mattel acknowledges the existence of these, or even controls the production of the counterfeits? After all, the scale of this is too large to just be unnoticed by them. What if mattel knows people miss old trackmaster and produces these counterfeits so that people can still buy old trackmaster?
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • DalaGStanator
I don’t think that the Chinese government cares too much about copy right infringements, what lawyers have to say, international laws, or hurting anyone’s feelings. Lol
What is FisherPrice gonna do about it?
They could fly a 1000 lawyers over there to sue them, but what good would that do if they’re not even allowed to land?
WE CANT EVEN GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER OUT OF WUHAN… do you really think that broken copyright infringements over some plastic Thomas trains concern them? Lol

Better yet…When do you think that the global community’s outrage will cause them to band together and finally file a class action lawsuit against China for breaking international laws for producing counterfeit Thomas toys?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2021, 08:15 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • DalaGStanator, GreatGordonFan
Well, the owner of chinese lepin (knockoff lego) was arrested as he had a lawsuit against him.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • MuddyPoppins