Thomas the Tank Engine Lo-Boy Carousel

7 Replies, 2883 Views

What young boy or girl wouldn't love this in their basement or yard.... Smile

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No
Skylark24! There was a time when I had a (very) brief interest in coin operated rides (how their varying designs worked, their manufacturers, choices/execution of certain IPs they bought, some people's [often unrealistic] ideas for them and whatnot), and that was one of the channels I came across. The owner (Desirée) opened her own Weebly site called "The History of Coin Operated Rides" but left it unfinished, though there's also an active Facebook account.

Regarding individuals buying such rides (even licensed ones) for non public use: there are rare cases where it literally happens. Amber the Fangirl owns four of them (a Bear in the Big Blue House boat, an R.G. Mitchell "Hank" van and, more recently, Little Red Tractor and Fetch the Vet).
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Zellers (sorta of like K Mart or Wal Mart) in Canada sold their carousels to the public when they were forced to be liquated (due to bankruptcy).  

Lets be honest carousels are not that popular anymore.  Good luck in finding parts to fix them.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • Mister No, Super
I’d love to ride on that Thomas, but I guess they wouldn’t let me because I’m too fat and heavy. Blush Big Grin
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Is that where you got your screen name...when you asked if you could get on.....MISTER....NO!!!!!! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
Big Grin

Right, that certainly could be the case... My oh my!  Blush

But I actually got that name from a comic books character I really liked when I was a kid, and with whom I could identify for various reasons even now ...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Is that comic still being produced?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
Yes, it is. I see new editions on newsstands over here. It's a great comic, but it's an Italian product, and I don't know is there an English translation...
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super