Plarail in the Western World?

16 Replies, 4976 Views

I would think it was sold in Hong Kong. Until the middle of 1997, it was a British colony under British law, it used to have a high British population until it changed.
[-] The following 2 users Like AOF04's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, Super
the set in the original post is mine. unfortunately i did not keep records of where it came from, but likely a local auction site. i actually have four or five different "plarail in english" sets, all shown on the following page.

down the bottom of the page
https://sunstomyandfriends.weebly.com/ko...-sets.html
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
Hi Sunhuntin...Happy Holidays to you Smile

Ah...Korean releases.

I sometimes forget how extensive your collections are Sun. I always learn something new when I do visit. Like...I always thought that this special Arched and Bricked Viaduct was only available in the "50th Anniversary C12 Steam Locomotive Arch Bridge and Rail Set"...until now.

[Image: Untitledy.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Still, doesn't explain the different logo or the fact it's in english. The reason I think it could have been in the west, is because after all, a white deck plarail thomas was sold in the uk in the terence set.

I wonder if muddy knows anything about this.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super
(11-27-2021, 12:27 PM)Super Wrote: ... "50th Anniversary C12 Steam Locomotive Arch Bridge and Rail Set"...until now.
It's exactly the same layout, just with the C12 replaced by Thomas.
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, Super
Oh, you are right Dr Chris, I had missed that. Which now begs the question...since the C12 set was released in 2009, which set came first? I would also like to mention that the C12 50th Anniversary set came with an Exclusive (I think) Rural Station and 2 Exclusive pieces of rolling stock along with that great bridge which has to put the set way up there with the all time favorite sets that have lots of exclusive items.

[Image: 10083478a.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
This is all really interesting
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super