Plarail in the Western World?

16 Replies, 4980 Views

Plarail was in the western world? I found this image of a plarail set that is in english. What is this? Why have I never heard of it? Why do thomas and james have red running boards but percy has a white one?
[Image: plarailjames-1-2-orig.jpg]
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Mister No, Super
On the Wiki it says it was sold in parts of Asia, I guess Asian countries that speak more English?

I have no idea why they just had the more detailed Percy with the older-style Thomas and James
plarail for life
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainsRawesome's post:
  • Super
But it has european/north american styled packaging
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Super
I don't know nothing about Thomas but just looking at the front of the box I have to assume its not a USA release because.....the size of the Layout is in Metric. Soooo, maybe a UK, New Zealand, Australia release???? Might be more info on the back of the box.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
The Uk had motor road and rail, so this makes no sense
(11-26-2021, 05:40 PM)TrainsRawesome Wrote: On the Wiki it says it was sold in parts of Asia, I guess Asian countries that speak more English?

I have no idea why they just had the more detailed Percy with the older-style Thomas and James

The plarail logo is completely different, so I have no idea whats going on
  • Super
I know this doesn't really contribute to anything, but there are several instances of the stock-standard Plarail Thomas featured in sets like the Thomas and Terence Deluxe Set in countries worldwide

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cddLo...G2N8VDiTvA 
[Image: 795436713421701122.png?v=1]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheDiamondDalek's post:
  • Super
Isn't the Plarail Logo in English on the box an indicate that it is not a Japan release and something much older?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
The same Plarail logo (in Latin script), although together with Japanese logo, have all my Hong Kong MTR trains, and they are made by: TOMY ASIA LIMITED, Star House, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong. So maybe this set is also made by them and mostly intended for Asian market.
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, Super
@TheDiamondDalek
That's what I thought of when I saw this set.
Speaking of which, why is the thomas in the terence set a plarail thomas?
  • Super