Replacing wires

1 Replies, 1491 Views

Hey all, I've been fixing up a couple of my trains and found that I'll need to replace the wires for one of them (a tomy gordon, replacing the wires going from the motor to the tender).

Where do you guys find your wire, and which size wire would be best for replacing?
Cheers!  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes gmeehanfilms's post:
  • Super
If you can still find some, I really like using the 2 Conductor wire from Model Power. They don't make much wire anymore and I love this as the 2 wires come together but can easily be pulled apart. The wires are a small enough gauge to carry the current if soldered properly and is quite flexible to get into small spaces and go around tight corners. I have many of these on hand as I would buy them up whenever they would be listed. They also make a 1 conductor and a 3 conductors wires which are both still easy to find.

Another favorite of mine is the Silicone covered (not normal plastic covered), pre-tinged wire. This is the most flexible and can be bought in lengths as I have 4" lengths in both black and red colors. These are single conductor wire so you would have to use 2 for what you describe going from battery Tender to Engine. This is very good stuff that is very flexible and easy to use. I wish they made these in a 2 conductor spool as I would buy some to have on hand.

[Image: IMG-1123.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • gmeehanfilms