2021 Christmas layout

2 Replies, 1580 Views

Super asked me a while back if I planned to do a Plarail Christmas layout this year. Yeah, I had PLANNED to do one but other stuff got in the way, so my son Wes stepped in this year and set it up! I’ve had some trouble getting it all photographed but I’ll try and add more pics as lighting and time allow.

[Image: EC73-FE07-29-EF-4-F75-9-CBF-6-D5-E52-DDD226.jpg]

[Image: 8-AA82-C14-410-D-43-C3-B500-F8947-D9-CBEFA.jpg]

This year, Wes decided to run his TM1 Henry with a rake of my red SuHa coaches. On the inside loop, there’s my EF81 with a single coach running the local service. The track is all TM1 and there’s a small bridge on the outside loop that crosses a body of water made from a section “water track” (not sure what to call it) from the TM2 Thomas ferry boat set that came out a couple or so years ago. The buildings are about 3-4 years worth of plastic Dollar Tree Cobblestone Corner stuff. The snow is all poly batting with polyfill hills in the back. He tried using some lamp posts that really light but it was difficult to route the wires and hide the battery box. They also kept falling over.

Aside from moving some things around for the photos, I had nothing to do with the set up of the layout this year.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Excellent job Wes. Would love to live on that festive street. Like how you used an xmas colored (red & green) train...nice choice.

[Image: baseball-boy-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Wes says “thanks”.
I forgot to mention that my EF-200-1 “Inverter Hi-Tech Loco” is attached to a blue rear coach (I think it’s from the current C-11) and parked on a disconnected siding that runs through the middle of the layout. To be honest, it’s almost too powerful for the layout. The EF-81 is way too fast for the small inside loop but it’s still fun to watch it race around that track. I feel sorry for the passengers, though!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super