Knockoffs NEW RELEASES!

35 Replies, 18407 Views

I would think that making copycat boxes is the easier part of any counterfeits. Problem would be the cost of setting up the machinery to make the boxes with the printed graphics on them let alone having the machines in the first place. Which even makes the mystery greater that originally they could sell them so cheap when you have to have a factory (or pay an existing factory) to produce just the boxes not to mention the same wonder goes for making the engine and supporting cars. Seems to me that these factories would all have to already be in existence and already have the necessary components for their machines to produce these. Now it screams to me that it is a company that once contracted with Tomy/Plarail to produce legit trains who now are using (stealing?) what they have been privy to making profits without sharing.

Just my opinion for sure Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
>@Super:
“I would think that making copycat boxes is the easier part of any counterfeits. Problem would be the cost of setting up the machinery to make the boxes with the printed graphics on them let alone having the machines in the first place.”

Is making replica boxes considered counterfeiting? (ō_ô)
Even for non commercial uses?
They’re imitations anyways.

>@Super:
“when you have to have a factory (or pay an existing factory) to produce just the boxes not to mention the same wonder goes for making the engine and supporting cars.”

how are they managing to pull this off without getting caught? (ಠ_ಠ)
Really weird...
(01-21-2022, 04:44 PM)Viktor Wrote: how are they managing to pull this off without getting caught? (ಠ_ಠ)

China does not play by the rules of the rest of the world. They have little respect for intellectual property rights. I would wager to guess that every member here has at least one (if not many) counterfeit products that came out of China in their home right now and don't even know it. Whether is be a Hair Dryer, Coffee Maker, Phone, Camera etc. They look and are boxed exactly the same as the name Brands. There was a movement by some to stop this or at least slow it down but that has all stopped in the last year. There are many videos on YouTube that would compare real products from the copy's and to the normal person would never suspect it.
Yea, I do have two counterfeit products. I’m quite disappointed really, because I wanted a genuine Emily and Diesel 10. But I got scammed... lucky for me, both models are still being manufactured to this day by Tomy. ( ̄∇ ̄)
[Image: banner.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Viktor's post:
  • Super
Some "New Releases" found on AliExpress 

Skarloey

[Image: KNR-SKARLOEY.jpg]
Is this new Stanley knockoff? (Special label with the name of the engine on the packaging?)
[Image: KNR-STANLEY.jpg]
Whiff
[Image: KNR-WHIFF.jpg]
Mysterious Engine No 10:

[Image: KNR-MISTERIOUS-ENGINE10.jpg]

Southward Overpass:

[Image: KNR-SOUTHWARD-OVERPASS.jpg]

Track sets (there are many more):

[Image: KNR-TRACK-SET2.jpg][Image: KNR-TRACK-SET3.jpg][Image: KNR-TRACK-SET1.jpg]
Track sets with ugly Southward Thomas (few variants):

[Image: KNR-UGLYSOUTHWARDTHOMAS-TRACKSET.webp]

And this set is my favourite in "Bizarre Sets" category:

Thomas with eXpress waggons (with sound!)

[Image: KNR-SET1.jpg]
Waggons have black couplings:

[Image: KNR-SET6.jpg]

Sticker colour totally off, and the battery compartment is here:

[Image: KNR-SET5.jpg]
Most disturbing element - Thomas' face. I mean, look at this ... haircut:

[Image: KNR-SET3.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, Super
the coupling system on the knock off set reminded me of Titipo trains coupling system.  

the southeward tender does not make any sense at all.  i don't understand why they are still including it in the train set.

i was planning to donate my knockoff set to a charity shop but seeing how easily it can disassemble.  I decided to keep it myself to prevent kids from swallowing smart parts by accident.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • Mister No, Super
I like that Southward Overpass 😃
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
The trackmaster knockoffs have significantly dropped in quality I see.
Train it, plane it, you name it!
[-] The following 2 users Like GreatGordonFan's post:
  • Mister No, Super
The recent Skarloey, Rheneas, Stanley and Whiff knock offs only seem good for getting spare siderods/wheels or making customs.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThomasSirHandel's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere or if this is even "new", but I found a set that seems to be a Trackmaster Revolution / TM2 knockoff (or at least the track pieces). I am not completely sure though because the image quality is pretty bad, so it might just be another generic track design. I'm only saying it's a knockoff of TM2 because of the steep incline pieces and the similar-ish track design

The Box
[Image: 1.jpg]
The layout
[Image: 2.jpg]
The Packaging

[Image: 3.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Kuribo's post:
  • Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp, Mister No, Super