New Plarail TS-12 Motorized Kenji & Coaches

9 Replies, 3420 Views

Anyone happy about a motorized Plarail Kenji???

Pre-Orders have started.

[Image: 41qe-s-P-FZL-AC-SL1100.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Yes and no.

Yes because I can finally replace my TM2 Kenji.
Nope because Kenji replaced Plarail TS-12 Rosie
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 2 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Not surprised at all, but it was very overdue (just like with Ashima). I like how they changed his blue side windows to black, and the coaches are really good (as expected from regular Plarail). Now we'll just have to wait for them to make Sonny.

I now somewhat wonder if they'll make the first merch of the ugly Cleo. If so, she'll most likely be Tekoro or simply unpowered, with or without Ruth as a Plakid. Let's hope not.
Yes and No.

Yes because I can finally replace my TM2 Kenji. overdue anyways.
Nope because Kenji replaced Plarail TS-12 Rosie
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
does the coach at the end of Kenji has a coupling at either end?

Personally it is hard to say which Kenji i like more. 

Tomy's Kenji looks more realistic than Trackmaster Revolution.  However Trackmaster Revolution did a better job in terms of the coaches.  Kenji's coaches in the trackmaster revolution has more details than Tomy.  

Kenji's coaches in the Tomy line looks basically like the express coaches.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
Does anyone else find it odd that there is no locomotive on the other end? I do not think I have ever seen a bullet train with only one locomotive. A customized dummy locomotive from S-12 Dr. Yellow might look cool on the end.
All I can say is finally, a decent Kenji - No offence to any Trackmaster fans but compared to the Tomy quality, I find current Trackmaster to be utter rubbish; at least this version (as already noted) has correctly proportioned coaches, probably is based on the existing 0 Series model (at least partly, I'd be surprised if they didn't partly use their existing 0 Series as a base), and of course will have the build quality and running quality that (in my opinion) only genuine Tomy has - Nothing of the current Fisher Price stuff that I've seen or used is even slightly comparable to Tomy in overall quality.
Been building Plarail worlds since 2001; Building when I can in 2023 Cool
[-] The following 2 users Like Plarail Man UK's post:
  • Mister No, MuddyPoppins
@Leylandvictory2
That question crossed my mind when seeing the picture too. My assumption is that the middle coach is exactly the same mold so even if it doesn't have the coupling, it was made to have one so you could install one easily yourself. There has been at least one recent train I got that didn't have the coupler on the second coach which was this way but I can't remember which one it was.

@Jessietrains
Thats a good question. Is there a rear locomotive in the show for Kenji or would that be confusing to viewers?
I wonder if the pull back Plarail Kenji that recently came in the Thomas and Kenji Tag Set could be modified to act as a rear Kenji locomotive although that would put his face on the front and rear of the train.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
Kenji only ever had a front engine in the show, which looks pretty jarring as you never see a Shinkansen without a rear locomotive (what looks even worse is when Kenji is just hurdling down the line without any coaches). While this version looks decent, I feel like Tomy could’ve stayed a little closer to the original 0 Series body.
plarail for life
[-] The following 3 users Like TrainsRawesome's post:
  • GreatGordonFan, Mister No, Super
(12-31-2021, 10:02 AM)Super Wrote: I wonder if the pull back Plarail Kenji that recently came in the Thomas and Kenji Tag Set could be modified to act as a rear Kenji locomotive although that would put his face on the front and rear of the train.

But pullback Kenji has blue windows, and this one has black, so they could look a little odd together... Maybe it would be better to adjust rear couplings and connect two Kenji trains back to back? That would be a correct looking bullet train, but then again, it won't be like Kenji from the show.  Confused
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, Super