Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Latest Threads
The Complete Website Analysis Tool
Last Post: chrisjo
Today 07:54 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 4
An interesting purchase...
Last Post: chrisjo
Today 07:34 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 103
Great Caboose Custom???
Last Post: Super
Yesterday 07:23 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 150
Shinkansen Transformation Robo: Shinkali...
Last Post: Super
Yesterday 06:25 PM
» Replies: 625
» Views: 332374
Mister No's Plarail Pics & Vids
Last Post: Super
Yesterday 06:18 PM
» Replies: 956
» Views: 230445
Last Post: Super
08-09-2022 11:28 PM
» Replies: 1679
» Views: 1025229
Plarail / Tomica SeMu 8000 Coal Hopper W...
Last Post: Super
08-09-2022 11:20 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 87
Crazy World of Shipping Prices
Last Post: Super
08-09-2022 10:05 AM
» Replies: 19
» Views: 585
Last Post: GreatGordonFan
08-09-2022 02:54 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 148
What did you do to your trains today?
Last Post: Donald9Douglas10Oliver11mp
08-09-2022 12:02 AM
» Replies: 560
» Views: 399040
Bit Off Topic, But A Language Translator
Last Post: Super
08-08-2022 11:09 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 108
Motor Tomica Doraemon Parallel World Set
Last Post: Super
08-06-2022 09:24 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 128

Zach's Custom Corner
Welcome Zach’s Custom Corner, where I show off the latest updates I have made to my TOMY/Plarail/TrackMaster trains. This includes repaints, minor details/modifications and others.

Today's modification is one I did to my Plarail Spencer.

As we all know, the connection between him and his tender is done through the stock-standard hook/loop system.
What I have done is I took out the couplings between him and the tender and took a bread tie I had lying around, and used it to not only 'permanently' attach them, but to also close the glaring gap between Spencer and his tender.

I also plan to do this with my plarail 2014/15 Gordon and James and Donald/Douglas (whenever I get them)
[Image: 20220108-171715.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like SplodgeFan13's post:
  • DalaGStanator, PerkyHydrAan, generic_truck_69420
Off to a good start. I did something similar with mine (and my 2012 Edward), only I used a paper clip and kept the tender's hook coupling. For Emily, however, I replaced both couplings with an eye one to make the connection cleaner, more reliable and permanent.

Looking forward to seeing your other planned projects, and I like when someone opens this type of thread. Carry on.
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • SplodgeFan13, PerkyHydrAan
Excellent idea Splo and the color of the bread tie is perfect. :)
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • SplodgeFan13, PerkyHydrAan
Oh, and be sure to keep an eye out for more mods, hopefully in the near future, as well as some "recent purchases" (which will be posted in a different thread, under the "show us what you bought" forum)
[-] The following 2 users Like SplodgeFan13's post:
  • Super, PerkyHydrAan
Welcome back to Zach’s Custom Corner.

Where we last left off, I had made a tender coupling mod to my Plarail Spencer, and teased that I'd do the same to the 2015 Gordon and James.

Well, just a week or two ago, I did just that. It was very time consuming, but I think it was worth it in the end. I have a HiT TrackMaster Donald on the way, and I'll definitely do that to him as well.

'Till next time!
[Image: 20220414-171208.jpg]

[Image: 20220414-171025.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like SplodgeFan13's post:
  • Super, PerkyHydrAan
I like it when the Tender is tethered to a Steam engine. Nice work Splodge :)
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • SplodgeFan13, PerkyHydrAan
Ok, so I'm posting this here because I have no idea where else to post it.

I've done some work on my Plarail Oliver (this pic is outdated, as I still have some ways to go. I ditched the stickers and cleaned his gears up). The most he needs now is a proper wash-up (I'm not sure if dipping some of the parts in water is good enough), his face repainted, gears lubricated, and his chassis glued back together. Might go as far as repainting the bufferbeam if I have to (or even the entire body).

What would y'all experts out there suggest I do?
[Image: FSQxq-Zr-WUAMp-QSF.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like SplodgeFan13's post:
  • PerkyHydrAan, Super
I always like to disassemble the used trains that I want to clean up and let them soak in warm soapy water for a bit and the give them a mild scrub with an old soft bristle toothbrush to get into the nooks and cranny's. What I don't put in the wash is, of course, the motor assembly and any parts that have stickers or decals that I don't have plans on removing as this would surely damage those.

How did his face turn out? Does the motor work good now? What did you have to glue on his chassis?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • SplodgeFan13
Nothing else has been done yet, but I will get to them when I have some more time on my hands. The chassis split in two after an accident with swapping the motor, and I'll have to glue it back together so no more problems will rise. And since I took the stickers off, I'll have to find some replacements or make my own. The face also needs repainted, which shouldn't be too hard (I have some Dolphin Grey that I intended to use for such purposes).

I will try the soapy water and toothbrush methods later.
[-] The following 2 users Like SplodgeFan13's post:
  • PerkyHydrAan, Super

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
You have to register before you can post on our site.



Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

Online Staff
There are no staff members currently online.

Who's online
There are currently no members online.