Help With The Kids

8 Replies, 3989 Views

Can anyone tell me where any of these four Pla-kids came from?

[Image: 024-Plarail-114505270444-b.jpg] [Image: 025-Plarail-114505270444-b.jpg] [Image: 026-Plarail-114505270444-b.jpg] [Image: 027-Plarail-114505270444-b.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
I have these in the few hundred PlaKids I have but sadly don't know exactly where they came from. They look like ones that may have come in a set rather than a train like a station or something but thats only a guess. They could also be individually released or part of giveaways at the Expo Shows which some PlaKids are. I don't know if you have checked this site that Geris Posted quite a while ago or if it would even help https://sea.ap.teacup.com/shao/204.html
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • chrisjo
Checked through every post on that blog, but I'm none the wiser. Interesting though!

Meanwhile, have you ever seen anything like this before?

[Image: 022a-Plarail-Taroko-Super-Set-ex-J-27-b.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
You mean like these? Smile

[Image: IMG-1590.jpg]

I have often wondered why a few PlaKids have these screws because I didn't like the way they looked when staging them in a Building or scene for the layout. Now that you have brought this up Dr Chris....I took a closer look and everyone of the Kids with screws were Made in Thailand whereas most of the other plethora of Kids have Made in China or Vietnam. I don't see any other Made in Thailand PlaKids until...............more recent releases like these without a screw.

[Image: IMG-1593.jpg]

I am curious as to why the screws only in Thailand and what must be glue in all the others. It would also be interesting to know the years they were released.
  • chrisjo
My curiosity got the better of me as to why there are screws on some PlaKids so I removed the screws on several of them. I assumed that they would just come apart in 5 pieces (Head, arms, legs, front & back torso) but nothing happened. Either they also used a spot of glue when assembling these or they snap together somehow very tightly but...if they did...why would they need a screw. I might sacrifice one of the most common ones to see what makes it tick. I do have hundreds of them Big Grin
(01-20-2022, 11:42 PM)chrisjo Wrote: Can anyone tell me where any of these four Pla-kids came from?

Yay! Found them! At last!
The Let's Play with the Super Auto Tomica Building! Drive Car Set 2 was released May, 2011. It was a product meant to tie in with the Super Auto Tomica Building playset.

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Oh, wow, I never thought they would have all been available in one set. I admire your persistence in your continued search for answers Dr Chris 👍
(09-05-2022, 05:04 PM)Super Wrote: Oh, wow, I never thought they would have all been available in one set.

That was definitely a bonus. This site プラキッズアーカイブ is worth bookmarking.
I'll say that site is 'Worth Book Marking', wow, the best site I have seen for PlaKids. They even show them in chronicle order through the years, something I have always wondered about. I see they start (unless I missed more pages) from 2001. I thought I had seen just about all Kids but I see many on that site that I haven't heard of before. I do like the one of a kinds and the ones that aren't just the same mold but in different colors. A couple that really popped out at me is this Pokemon one and the Kid that has the 'Takara/Tomy Staff' written on its back. Thank you so much Dr Chris, you are the best 👍

[Image: tumblr-af06e52add4c5a32dc424609319fa5aa-...9-1280.jpg]

[Image: tumblr-5b81b79982560d8195d7ecd9f782c0bb-...1-1280.jpg]
  • MuddyPoppins