Couple of nice new OO Gauge

6 Replies, 2679 Views

Today I have a couple of items to show you, firstly I have something quite special to me, a Bachmann model of an H2 Atlantic Locomotive running the LB&SCR (London Brighton & South Coast Railway) livery.  This is special not only because it is so lovely in the splendid LB&SCR umber colours, but is very local to me, living only a few miles from Brighton it was designed and built in the long gone locomotive works that used to exist there.  The other thing that makes this model especially stunning is that I decided to buy the factory fitted DCC sound version, I will include below a short video of this locomotive on a rolling road and demonstrating some of the sound effects you get with this marvel of technology.

The second item is another of the Hornby Train Packs, this one being the Bournemouth Belle, as well as featuring the beautiful West Country locomotive it also has like the Belmond Pullman set I posted about recently a set of 3 Pullman coaches complete with interior lighting.  But it gets better, not only does it have these which of course I can combine with the other lit coaches I have, but it also has a very special Pullman Observation car, again super detail with lighting and even sprung buffers (I forgot to mention that on the other set lol).  These observation cars go for silly money as they were only made in short runs twice as far as I know and only once in super detail with lighting.  They were briefly available in this train pack and also as an individual coach to be added to existing trains.  Naturally this makes them pretty valuable even second hand.

Anyway here you go, enjoy!

Here's the H2 Atlantic, complete with some blurb about the locomotive type history and also a list of the sound functions available...

[Image: IMG-20220129-132103.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220129-132118.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220129-132141.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220129-132220.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220129-132014.jpg]

Here's the Bournemouth Belle pack and Pullman Observation Car.

[Image: IMG-20220129-123134.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220129-122702.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220129-122728.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220129-122740.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
Oh My...that Pullman Observation car is magnificent. Will look great with some passengers too.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
It will be getting some as well, I need to open the coach up anyway as I bought the set 2nd hand at a relatively good price as the observation car has two small faults.  One is that one of the battery boxes has come adrift from the bottom of the carriage the other one of the seats inside the coach has come adrift and needs fixing in place.  Neither are damaged, they just need gluing back into their respective places Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2022, 06:24 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
I would love to see a picture once you get the passengers in it as there is so much glass thats its probably one of the only, if not the, only coach where one would get to see the passengers so clearly as it rolled the rails.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Oh, I don't know I was thinking of putting passengers in some of the ordinary Pullman coaches as well.  The windows on OO gauge coaches are generally bigger than you get on PlaRail so they all will let you easily see passengers in the cars when they are on the track Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2022, 02:57 PM by Super.)
  • Super
Wow, those things are impressive, they already put my engines to shame lol, I haven't even got a layout set up yet, hope to see more of these!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cddLo...G2N8VDiTvA 
[Image: 795436713421701122.png?v=1]
[-] The following 3 users Like TheDiamondDalek's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Nigels, Super
Thanks Dalek, they are pretty cool, but don't ever say it puts your engines to shame you have a nicely growing collection and the key thing is to enjoy what you have.  One of the things I'm working at is trying to slowly convert my fleet to DCC and where possible and can afford it add sound as well Smile
  • Super