How to stop the eyes from moving in Bachmann Thomas locos

3 Replies, 7688 Views

How do I stop the eyes from moving in Bachmann Thomas engines?
Call me Generic ...wait.

Never forget the K.I.S.S. principal
what does K.I.S.S. stand for, you ask?
Keep It Simple Stupid
Hi! The eye mechanism is part of the model's gearbox, so you would have to take the model apart to remove the gears that move the eyes. Unfortunately, I don't quite have any pictures of one at hand (I could show you how to take Thomas' gearbox apart), but tomorrow, I might be able to grab some pictures. I hope this at least helps a little bit, though!
Modeling the LNER (and some Thomas stuff) in OO Scale.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainMan2001's post:
  • generic_truck_69420
Hello again! Sorry for the late reply, I ended up being pretty busy over the past week. To remove the eyes from any Bachmann locomotive, you'll have to remove the gearbox completely (shown here is Thomas').
[Image: IMG-20220219-121907.jpg]

Then you'll have to open it up and remove the gears that don't go down to the wheels from the motor. This is easier if you make sure the side with all of the metal shafts connected to it are on the bottom, as it keeps the gears from falling out.
[Image: IMG-20220219-122303.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220219-122459.jpg]

I don't think you would need to desolder anything on the model to do this, just be careful not to pull on the wires too hard. The only reason mine is disconnected is because I'm modifying my Thomas. Anyway, I hope this helps! Good luck with your models!
Modeling the LNER (and some Thomas stuff) in OO Scale.
[-] The following 3 users Like TrainMan2001's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super, Therealblack64YT
Thanks T-Man Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, TrainMan2001