Something a bit wacky...

6 Replies, 2617 Views

I was down my local supermarket this evening and they had some hot wheels in, I've not bought any for a while but thought I should check for chases.  I didn't find any as far as I know, but I did pick up something a bit wacky, it is the boat out of the original Disney "Steamboat Mickey" cartoon, they've even made it in b&w, pretty nice as a little homage to the subject I thought.  I'm attaching a pic below, also a couple of pics of two loose 'N' scale wagons I picked up, I've added them purely to give you guys a view of how small these things are bearing in mind the boat is about the size of a normal hot wheels lol!!

[Image: IMG-20220217-213616.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220217-213737.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220217-213810.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Not wacky at all except for the fact that its a Hotwheels boat. In fact I am expecting this to arrive from China tomorrow...

[Image: s-l1600j7.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
I thought the cars in the picture are z scales...
mostly Plarail items
(02-18-2022, 12:31 AM)PerkyHydrAan Wrote: I thought the cars in the picture are z scales...

No they are definitely N scale Smile

(02-17-2022, 11:31 PM)Super Wrote: Not wacky at all except for the fact that its a Hotwheels boat. In fact I am expecting this to arrive from China tomorrow...

Well that was my point really, that it was a wacky hot wheels product.  Do you want one if I happen to see another kicking around?!?
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 02-19-2022, 12:47 PM by Super.)
Thanks for the offer Nigel but because the boat itself doesn't show anything related to Steamboat Willie it just looks like a black and white steam boat to me. This a surprises me as just a little sticker or something would correct that. It doesn't look like. out of the package, anyone would recognize it was from the vintage Disney cartoon or am I missing something?.
(02-19-2022, 12:52 PM)Super Wrote:  It doesn't look like. out of the package, anyone would recognize it was from the vintage Disney cartoon

Therefore Lego, for example, put the name on it.

[Image: LEGO-Steamboat-Willie-1.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
That is a pretty model, bet it demands a pretty price....wait....is that Minnie on the right?