Awesome N Gauge Layout

4 Replies, 2188 Views

Just saw this on one of the FB groups, had to share it with you guys... Airport & Train Layout
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Wow, there's so much to look at in every picture!
Modeling the LNER (and some Thomas stuff) in OO Scale.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrainMan2001's post:
  • Super
MUst be expensive or if they are sponsored, some for free!
mostly Plarail items
[-] The following 1 user Likes PerkyHydrAan's post:
  • Super
Holy Smokes

So much detail and this is N Scale...wow. Tons of beautiful lighting and where did they get those wonderfully detailed planes in such a small scale and they are sized for the different types. Did they have a picture of the whole set? Might this be a commercial layout? Reminds me of the Miniatur Wunderland in Hamburg, Germany but in a smaller scale. Thanks for sharing Nigel.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I'm not sure if its commercial or not, but it was posted by an individual so I suspect it was just someone with very very deep pockets because if you notice there are Japanese shinkansens mixed with American outline loco's and then Lufthansa aircraft.  I would expect anything commercial to be consistently set in one continent or whatever.  However having seen it I can appreciate the guys choices and dedication to detail as I'm not too fussy about keeping to one country or region, I'd quite happily run shinkansen's on the same layout as british steam loco's if I ever get the appropriate models.

But I have to stay my chin hit the ground when I saw these pictures, I know you can get model planes of that scale and quality, but you are talking hundreds of pounds each for static models.  The number he has there must easily have cost a few grand at least, although I do really appreciate the quality and style, I'd easily blow the same sort of cash if I had the money and the space to accommodate that sort of layout - mind you if I had the money I'd probably have a big enough house as well so it wouldn't be a problem lol!
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super