Where do I find replacement parts?

4 Replies, 3103 Views

So recently I was blindly taking apart a HiT era TrackMaster Thomas and I didn't know how to take the wheels off and the wheel broke into 2 pieces. Is there anywhere where I can buy some replacement parts? Maybe even an STL so I can 3d print some new ones?

P.S. How do I take these wheels off without using any fancy tools like a vice so that this doesn't happen again? 
[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes CharlieChicken's post:
  • Super
harvest the part from a Thomas.  

Why do you want to remove the wheel?
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
You may have no choice but to use one or more "fancy tools" to remove them (depending on their condition; since they've apparently become brittle, the other one might break off in a similar way. The front wheelset has a separate bushing bolted onto one side of the axle, while the driving wheels are fitted (very) tightly and their axle has to be pushed out somehow. Here's an existing solution for the drivers. Remember: if you replace one wheel and not the whole powered wheelset, you'll have to repeat the same process/es on the donor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
Maybe find a "junk" train and take the wheels of that to replace it.
mostly Plarail items
[-] The following 1 user Likes PerkyHydrAan's post:
  • Super
Thanks for all the suggestions and help fellas Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]