Just added these

85 Replies, 25580 Views

(03-15-2022, 03:49 AM)PerkyHydrAan Wrote: Kind of reminds me pf the plarail one but with more details!

Yes decoration is very similar as you'd expect.  But the detail is way higher, including working pantographs if you have catenary on your layout.  It also has 3 x 4 wheel bogies, one at each end and one in the middle which is an odd design but which you seem to get quite a bit with Japanese loco's.  I'm guessing maybe they have some tighter turns or whatever in Japan and this makes them better at traversing them?
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
I do have a KATO japanese loco EF 210 and it has wheels like that too. it looks like it's moving when curving, though i dont know jow it does on tighter curves because i only have that set. Smile
mostly Plarail items
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2022, 03:18 AM by Super.)
(03-16-2022, 02:34 AM)PerkyHydrAan Wrote: I do have a KATO japanese loco EF 210 and it has wheels like that too. it looks like it's moving when curving, though i dont know jow it does on tighter curves because i only have that set. Smile

Nice, is that an HO or N scale model?
Guys, just got hold of this little model kit of some N scale signal boxes.  Cost me about £9 new and actually has two complete models in the box.  One standalone signal box that you may want to use say at a junction.  The other is one that integrates into a station platform.  Both are supplied in parts as you'll see, all fully coloured and with glazing with silver coloured frames for the windows etc...  The parts simply snap together, no glue needed, you then finish them by adding the stickers of your choice from the mass provided.  The last two pictures are of the standalone one completed and decorated, I think it looks excellent and I'm going to be looking to get some more of their models such as the engine sheds etc...

[Image: IMG-20220316-094642.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220316-094703.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220316-094853.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220316-094905.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220316-094915.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220316-095029.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220316-152448.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220316-152455.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • PerkyHydrAan, Super
Are there two or one with two ways of building it? Snap together or glue?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
can you light it up?

(03-16-2022, 06:08 PM)Nigels Wrote:
(03-16-2022, 02:34 AM)PerkyHydrAan Wrote: I do have a KATO japanese loco EF 210 and it has wheels like that too. it looks like it's moving when curving, though i dont know jow it does on tighter curves because i only have that set. Smile

I could never afford HO scale KATO with the prices in my country, though i didn't see much HO scale KATOS in my nearest model hobby shop.
mostly Plarail items
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2022, 09:33 AM by Super.)
(03-16-2022, 08:27 PM)Super Wrote: Are there two or one with two ways of building it? Snap together or glue?

You get both versions of the signal box in the one pack so you can build both from the one kit.  One standalone, one fits into a station platform.  They are all fully snap together, no glue required, no painting, at the very worst you may have to clean off a small bit of flash on the smaller parts that come on sprues.  Not that I did as the moldings are stunningly good, it was just a case of snipping them off the sprues with a sharp set of clippers.  But most bigger parts are supplied separately anyway in little plastic bags and with no molding flash on them that needs cleaning up.  The only other bit you need to do is cut out the small decals that you want to use to decorate the models from the large selection you get provided with (as well as translating them to figure out what you're putting on them and which is the correct way up lol)

Incidentally, today I started fitting lighting units to some of my trains.

The "JR E655 Series Nagomi EMU 5 Car" set (aka. The Royal Train) I fitted the slightly warmer type lights to rather than the fluorescent type ones.

The "Zenith Silver Streak 6 Car" set I've fitted with fluorescent ones - it actually only needed 5 sets as the locomotive is already lit (as are the tail lights of course of the observation car).

Next I opened up one of the Narita Express cars to see what type of lighting sets it needs only to have a lovely surprise as it turns out all the cars are already fitted with lighting units, this was not mentioned on the eBay listing when I bought it and made it an even better deal in comparison to buying it new due to the number of cars in the set Smile  The only thing I do need to do that set is to add some destination boards to each carriage as the previous owner hadn't done that - very fiddly job though as they are only about 5mm x 1mm in size Big Grin

(03-17-2022, 07:07 AM)PerkyHydrAan Wrote: can you light it up?

(03-16-2022, 06:08 PM)Nigels Wrote:

I could never afford HO scale KATO with the prices in my country, though i didn't see much HO scale KATOS in my nearest model hobby shop.

I know what you mean, for some reason in this country all of a sudden the OO scale models are going through the roof price-wise and have now got to the point they are probably nearly double the price of the N scale equivalents.  Hence the reason I've decided to switch scales for the layout I'm intending to build.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2022, 10:32 PM by Super.)
  • PerkyHydrAan, Super
Oh, almost forgot, some more rolling stock turned up this morning from eBay;

Four of these (i.e. two packs)...

[Image: IMG-20220317-102314.jpg]

and Two of these (again two packs)...

[Image: IMG-20220317-102341.jpg]
  • PerkyHydrAan, Super
I like those boxed wagons. I see they have different numbers but do the second pair have the same numbers?

What a great surprise finding the Narita Coaches already with lighting. That will save you a bit Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • PerkyHydrAan
(03-17-2022, 10:36 PM)Super Wrote: I like those boxed wagons. I see they have different numbers but do the second pair have the same numbers?

What a great surprise finding the Narita Coaches already with lighting. That will save you a bit Big Grin

Yes, the two sets of those wagons are the same model number so will have the same wagon numbers.  But if you spread them along a train it probably wouldn't be that obvious.

Totally surprised with the Narita being already lit, as you say it will save me some £35 or so, probably £40 incl postage as that's what a set of 6 lights cost so result Smile

Here's today's additions, got two of these - the containers are individually removable and you can buy them separately so you can mix them with different coloured/owner types if wanted (if you notice the individual containers are also individually numbered as well Smile );

[Image: IMG-20220318-190356.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220318-190407.jpg]
  • PerkyHydrAan, Super