My Buys

7 Replies, 4053 Views

It's in the name.

Anyway, Today I went to a swap meet (what flea markets are called in Australia) and got some stuff which are:

A Ertl Dodge for $5

[Image: 20220313-192246.jpg]

And 4 RWS books which were being sold together for $10

[Image: 20220313-192446.jpg]

[Image: 20220313-192521.jpg]

[Image: 20220313-192405.jpg]
Call me Generic ...wait.

Never forget the K.I.S.S. principal
what does K.I.S.S. stand for, you ask?
Keep It Simple Stupid
[-] The following 5 users Like generic_truck_69420's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, PerkyHydrAan, Super, Therealblack64YT
Nice to have a place where you can have fun looking for treasures all in one place. Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, PerkyHydrAan
A few days ago, I went to a model shop for the first time. While I was there, I bought a brand new Hornby Sentinel. His name is 'Graham'. I payed $129 which is below 'market value'.

[Image: Graham-Front.jpg]

[Image: Graham-Back.jpg]
Call me Generic ...wait.

Keep It Simple Stupid
[-] The following 3 users Like generic_truck_69420's post:
  • DalaGStanator, PerkyHydrAan, Super
I love Graham especially all those metal hand rails. He looks like what Den was modeled after.
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, PerkyHydrAan
That's a good price for a Hornby Sentinel, I believe they are around £129 rrp in the UK at the moment.  They are quite nice loco's, even if a bit ugly to my eyes, although having said that I've not got one in my collection so maybe they grow on you.

@Super - The handrails although looking like metal are in fact plastic, or at least they are on the latest releases.  Not sure about the older ones.

Have you guys seen the 'Peckets'?  Little 4 wheel steam tank engines, but really really beautiful with some gorgeous liveries.  Here's one example; Daphne
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Nigels's post:
  • DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, PerkyHydrAan, Super
They did a great job of making the plastic hand rails look like metal. The cabs window glazing looks great. Ugly??? he looks great to me, he is different.

Generic...do those side rods work?
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
Hi all, 

Thanks for your responses. The 0-4-0 Sentinel was the basis for den. The siderods do actually work.

Thanks,
Generic.
Call me Generic ...wait.

Keep It Simple Stupid
[-] The following 3 users Like generic_truck_69420's post:
  • DalaGStanator, PerkyHydrAan, Super
(04-07-2022, 01:55 AM)Super Wrote: They did a great job of making the plastic hand rails look like metal. The cabs window glazing looks great. Ugly??? he looks great to me, he is different.

Generic...do those side rods work?

As they say beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, if you remember I think the Hornby "Hush Hush" is beautiful whereas many think it is ugly.  It appeals to me also because it is unusual just like the GT3, another I do think is also beautiful.  Although I often wonder how much the beauty can be dictated by the livery of a model.  I've seen some designs that in one livery look beautiful to me whereas in other liveries exactly the same model is nowhere near as nice or even ugly.

As for the side-rods, they always work on every Hornby model no matter how complex they look.  These ones are pretty weird when it is running as the weights on the joints on the side rods look like they are wobbling almost lol!
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Nigels's post: