2 ice cream see inside cars!

9 Replies, 3318 Views

I got this for about $6 dollars. bargain? I painted the side with red stripes to complete the job but it wasn't too good of a custom job. i have done better that this.

[Image: BPT-2.jpg]
[Image: BPT-1.jpg]
[Image: BPT-4.jpg]
[Image: BPT-3.jpg]

I found a part missing, though and it has a lot of scratches on the roof sides.

[Image: BPT-5.jpg]

PS: I found this online:

[Image: RARE.jpg]
[Image: LAGI.jpg]

I know what it is, but I don't know where this came from, and if it is rare. (the price is $43 btw).
mostly Plarail items
[-] The following 1 user Likes PerkyHydrAan's post:
  • Super
(03-21-2022, 01:47 PM)PerkyHydrAan Wrote: I know what it is, but I don't know where this came from, and if it is rare. (the price is $43 btw).

For the benefit of those who don't know, it's a Plarail Day Limited Edition, 40th Anniversary, EF5861 & Orient Saloon set, issued on 14th October 1999. Yes it's fairly rare now, but you could get one in its box from Yahoo Japan auctions for that money, assuming those are US$.

[Image: 9910-02c.jpg]

The box in the background of your picture doesn't belong to it, that's had a 485 srs Kamome Express (カモメエクスプレス) in it.

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • PerkyHydrAan, Super
What part was missing for the ice cream wagon Gener?

Those Salon Coaches are some of my favorites but I was sure they also came later or before this set that was slightly different and I am not talking about the white ones released with the white DD51 set released two years later 2001. I can't find them anywhere, they are similar but have a smoked clear roof and gray wheels. Ring a bell for anyone?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • PerkyHydrAan
On the last picture opf the see inside cars, on the left side there is usually a blue box with icecream in it, if you search in google, you can see the difference. Can't get an image right now, i'm on my phone.
mostly Plarail items
[-] The following 1 user Likes PerkyHydrAan's post:
  • Super
So its a removable piece?
(03-21-2022, 09:50 PM)Super Wrote: ... I can't find them anywhere, they are similar but have a smoked clear roof and gray wheels. Ring a bell for anyone?

[Image: image.png] [Image: image.png] [Image: image.png]

EL-06 Family Ryokou Salon Car, 1984-1987. Yellow wheels though.

[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • PerkyHydrAan, Super
Thank you Dr Chris, those are the ones. I might have been remembering that I would perform surgery on the wheels and easily swap them with my preferred gray wheels. I really went to town trying to acquire two sets of these in good condition but sadly always missed out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • PerkyHydrAan
(03-21-2022, 10:29 PM)Super Wrote: So its a removable piece?

I don't know about that, because it came missing... I never had one with that part, and you know how the prices are expensive in ebay from what I saw. I'm selling it though, since i don't really like it and I could get money even from selling it cheaper than other prices.

THose plakids looks cute... is this one rare with the plakids? (or if hose are even called plakids)
mostly Plarail items
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2022, 06:51 PM by Super.)
(03-21-2022, 01:47 PM)PerkyHydrAan Wrote:  I painted the side with red stripes to complete the job but it wasn't too good of a custom job. i have done better that this.

next time use masking tape to you with the line painting. it works better given the uneven surfaces.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
(This post was last modified: 03-22-2022, 06:50 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • PerkyHydrAan
I have seen those figured called 'Dolls' on some of the Japanese sites. I can remember only five trains that these came with. The two different Salon cars above, the same styled ones in white and the original Red and Green Disney Railroad carriages. All these Dolls have holes in their bottoms which slide over Posts that are in the coaches.

[Image: i-img1200x900-1647958514u9xay1594397.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, PerkyHydrAan